Building better teams: Habits & Thought Processes Topic

this is really useful info.

BUMP
10/11/2013 12:57 PM
bump
2/1/2014 5:48 PM
Well tang never thanked me for helping him build a 52 game winner in the 52 million league a few seasons ago LOL! And that was after he totally screwed up and took Spencer Haywood. 

Thanks ash. Your ideas have done a lot to help me build winning teams here too. I appreciate it.
2/8/2014 2:29 PM
Posted by vancem on 2/8/2014 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Well tang never thanked me for helping him build a 52 game winner in the 52 million league a few seasons ago LOL! And that was after he totally screwed up and took Spencer Haywood. 

Thanks ash. Your ideas have done a lot to help me build winning teams here too. I appreciate it.
Excuse me, Señor! Yep, you. help me built that squad and if I recalled correctly I did thank you... as I matter of fact I seriously considered taking you as my sensei! Senpai Vancem. Now, Señor why do you try to call me out? Seriously, are you trying to get my attention because you sure know. I was gonna respond. You could have SM me... you know Valentine's day was coming and I was thinking personally invite you to OLC- V for another round...what did you say? Normally this time of the year business aren't as active yet and you can spare couple of hours to build an excellent team!
2/9/2014 11:18 AM
Actually, I did post here to get your attention tang. I believe that you did thank me so I take back that statement that you didn't. If I am welcome to join your league than I will continue to work on building a team. I do appreciate that you have considered me as a  sensei. Although we have had our disagreements in the past at least, when approached in the correct manner, you know how to listen to reason. I have tried to be helpful to others here but I haven't done anything that compares to what ash has done.

To my other SIM Pal Natenoy: Please read this entire thread and take note of everything ash has gone over.
2/9/2014 11:17 PM
Ash is very good teaching the basics and it seems to have a great impact. Nevertheless, he isn't the best and he can't help build an all around team cause he focuses in building offensive teams.

You're very misguided if you honestly believe this statement or obviously have never read a single thing I actually wrote.

ps - 51/.687 including the most recently finished $52m draft.  I didn't do that with an offensive team ;)

2/10/2014 9:01 PM (edited)
nobody except yourself is living in denial.  I'm not going to fall prey to your troll attempts any longer.  You are so ignorant & uninformed about me & what I do that it's just not worth wasting any time on.  My results speak for themselves.
2/12/2014 8:09 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 2/12/2014 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 2/12/2014 8:09:00 PM (view original):
nobody except yourself is living in denial.  I'm not going to fall prey to your troll attempts any longer.  You are so ignorant & uninformed about me & what I do that it's just not worth wasting any time on.  My results speak for themselves.
haha, denial... by the way, who is winning our head to head all time series?... sure anyone can pad his stats playing a lot of regular open leagues... Again, I am not saying you are bad. Simply stating you are not one of the best all around.... more like a very good with some excellent skills... which is like one the 25 best.... depend of the league format...I can think at least 10 owners I believe their application of skills surpasses yours... and another 10 which with about same ability.... now there are about 300 to 400  active SIM Basketball owners last time I counted plus newbies being one of the best 25 isn't exactly an insult...
tang do you just say thing to stur the pot because first ash has won like 6 or 7 odl's i think 2 dh52s he won the ppl in your division i feel like those 3 leagues alone have some of the best sim talent. also your head to head series stats really dont mean anything i'm pretty sure i'm beating you in our all time head to head (our atleast in the playoffs good series btw) and i really dont think there is a question who is better between the 2 of us. 
2/12/2014 9:02 PM
He's trolling, steelers. Either that or completely delusional.  One is as likely as the other.  I think it's more delusional, though, because he was sucking my dick like he's sucking all the other guys' dicks he named earlier until I called him out for being stupid in a thread one day.  Suddenly I'm not very good anymore. lol.  He can't be taken seriously.  He talks about competition level yet doesn't compete in the two most difficult leagues in the sim (why? because he got blacklisted for cheating - the only owner in the history of either draft league to get blacklisted), makes his own league and blacklists a bunch of the owners from joining who's handed him his *** in the others.  Nevermind that I've got more championships from those two leagues alone than he has in the whole enchilada (and more than triple his total from theme leagues alone).  Has to pull out the old 'padding stats with OLs' non-sense.

Tang is the exact example of someone that's completely green with envy.  If you septupled his ring total, I'd still have two more than he... at a much better win percentage.

Haters gonna hate.

Now stop spamming the help thread.

2/12/2014 9:36 PM (edited)
Posted by ashamael on 2/12/2014 9:36:00 PM (view original):
He's trolling, steelers. Either that or completely delusional.  One is as likely as the other.  I think it's more delusional, though, because he was sucking my dick like he's sucking all the other guys' dicks he named earlier until I called him out for being stupid in a thread one day.  Suddenly I'm not very good anymore. lol.  He can't be taken seriously.  He talks about competition level yet doesn't compete in the two most difficult leagues in the sim (why? because he got blacklisted for cheating - the only owner in the history of either draft league to get blacklisted), makes his own league and blacklists a bunch of the owners from joining who's handed him his *** in the others.  Nevermind that I've got more championships from those two leagues alone than he has in the whole enchilada (and more than triple his total from theme leagues alone).  Has to pull out the old 'padding stats with OLs' non-sense.

Tang is the exact example of someone that's completely green with envy.  If you septupled his ring total, I'd still have two more than he... at a much better win percentage.

Haters gonna hate.

you can just admit hey you have an edge in our all time series but I will get you! Nooo, for all your wisdom what do you do? go and complaint can you imagine I doing the same with all your cursing posts in the past....how about you send those for me... you are mostly talk at least when you play my teams.... now, if you're a newbie reading learn the basics and move on... this guy gladly communicate it better than anyone.... but if you want to win vs the best LOOK what they DO as in ACTIONS... look when you lost why did your team lost not just complaint about it.... and when you win why did you win... and "luck it is when opportunity and preparation meet!" so if you heard one guy complaining about randomness ... well you don't listening would be great but running far away would be better...
2/13/2014 11:14 AM
Posted by tanguma44 on 2/13/2014 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 2/12/2014 9:36:00 PM (view original):

Haters gonna hate.

you can just admit hey you have an edge in our all time series but I will get you! Nooo, for all your wisdom what do you do? go and complaint can you imagine I doing the same with all your cursing posts in the past....how about you send those for me... you are mostly talk at least when you play my teams.... now, if you're a newbie reading learn the basics and move on... this guy gladly communicate it better than anyone.... but if you want to win vs the best LOOK what they DO as in ACTIONS... look when you lost why did your team lost not just complaint about it.... and when you win why did you win... and "luck it is when opportunity and preparation meet!" so if you heard one guy complaining about randomness ... well you don't listening would be great but running far away would be better...
Firstly:  I reported your posts because they were off-topic personal attacks in a thread meant to help others.  If you can't see the classlessness of doing such a thing, well... I don't know why I would be surprised.  Feel free to dig through and find the one or two threads where I retaliated against your (again) personal attacks and complain about them.  You've been butthurt ever since I called you out long ago.

I have no idea who is ahead in an all-time series because I don't keep up with meaningless data.  I used to remember playoff matchups, but as far as I can recall, we've never met in the playoffs (probably because you're not in them very often).  At this point, I've been here for more than six years and played in a lot of playoff series and more than 16,000 games; why in the world would I keep track of my record versus anybody, much less someone as insignificant as you?  The fact that you keep track shows your obvious obsession with me.  That's kind of scary.

You keep talking about actions yet you've shown nothing to indicate why anybody should ever listen to you rather than me.  All I've shown is 51 rings and more than 68% of my games won.  Hell, my playoff winning percentage is over 60% - more than your total winning percentage period and higher than many of the best of the best.  I've shown that I can win any league type I try from open leagues to various random theme leagues to progressive leagues to draft leagues.  I have more championships in draft leagues (commonly accepted as the highest competition available in wis) alone than you have in total in the sim... and have played in far fewer of them!  Nobody else comes close to 6 odl rings.  Nobody else has ever gotten a three-peat there.  Nobody else has gotten multiple back-to-backs there.  I've won 6 rings in the highest competition league in 12 tries.  You've won 7 spread out over all different types of leagues in 70 tries.  Simple math shows you really should just close your mouth before you hurt your credibility even further than you already have with the theme league circuit... of course, you're pretty much excluded from that circuit now anyway, so it's easy to see why you're so bitter.

And here's the biggest thing you don't understand, tang:  I continue to win WHILE sharing my strategies and making other owners better.  Before you rush to ramble off a bunch of non-sense, try and let that sink in.  I've been making owners better for more than 5 years on this site while continuing to accumulate wins.  There's almost not a single owner left playing this site that can't say that I taught them something.  Most of the guys you listed as better than me will step up and say they have learned a lot from me.  They've said it to me in forum chats, message boards & sitemails.  One of them even said it on this very page of this very thread.  And I continue winning.  Am I as dominant as I was in 2008 or 2009?  No.  But I take pride in knowing that I have a lot to do with that.

I don't enjoy bringing up my so-called accomplishments here.  It has isolated a few people from me I once called friends because I did used to brag about it a lot.  I try to reign that in, but you talk & talk about showing... Well, I've shown.  I've shown for years.  What have you shown?

That you can be the only owner ever blacklisted from two theme leagues.
That you can win a championship here and there in leagues you talk down about.
That you can straight up copy someone's championship team and almost not screw it up.

Yeah... you might want to think about showing something a little more positive instead of all the talk you're doing in this thread.
2/13/2014 2:20 PM
I show positive next season in the ppl. I will do what I did last season kick your team behind around. Now, that's definitely positive for you because you might (Like a big might) just learn you can be wrong. I doubt even if I beat your teams 100 times you will learn but let's keep doing it...
2/13/2014 8:08 PM
how did tanguma cheat? it was a consensus that he cheated so he was blacklisted by the group?
2/13/2014 10:14 PM
it was in a draft league that stipulated starting drafted players and minutes distribution - tang drafted a short minutes squad and tanked games by sitting his starters and starting undrafted scrubs - he was given repeated chances to correct this, warned repeatedly he not only flouted the warnings and continued the behaviors but he showed his *** in the league forums with personal attacks and trash talk - he was eventually booted and banned
2/13/2014 10:18 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 2/13/2014 8:08:00 PM (view original):
I show positive next season in the ppl. I will do what I did last season kick your team behind around. Now, that's definitely positive for you because you might (Like a big might) just learn you can be wrong. I doubt even if I beat your teams 100 times you will learn but let's keep doing it...
how many times you won the ppl? 0/5
how many times have I? 1/5

Keep talking...
2/14/2014 2:49 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸
Building better teams: Habits & Thought Processes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.