** New Fatigue ** Topic

Just wanted to give as much notice as possible that we're going to introduce a new fatigue formula that will be much stricter than the current system and will be based only on total minutes played (sim vs. real life).

Details:

- You won't get decimated by overtime games

- Teams that underdraft minutes will see more severe fatigue than in the current system.

- The actual penalty will still be the same (the fatigue percentage applied to all areas of the game).

- The plan is to apply this only to new leagues when we release it.
4/19/2006 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seble on 4/19/2006
- You won't get decimated by overtime games

This feature alone makes this a good upgrade. Playing a 2 or 3OT game pretty much curses you to a loss in the next game due to fatigue. This upgrade should take care of that, and you won't be relegated to a near-guaranteed loss.
4/19/2006 11:13 AM
Agreed. Excellent revision.
4/20/2006 1:24 PM
When will this be released? I have just entered a team in open league without knowing about this. If that league ( NBA19089 ) will be effected, I would like to redraft that team .
4/20/2006 4:59 PM
Maybe I'm just a little slow, but I'd like a more detailed explanation (perhaps an example). Will the new system mean that if, for example, someone drafts 64-65 Wilt with 1787 total minutes that once he has played all of those minutes he will get tired every time you play him? Does it mean something else? I'm not really sure I understand what the new system entails.
4/20/2006 5:42 PM
It will be a comparison of real life total minutes to the simleague pace for total minutes. So if a guy is on pace to play 3000 total simleague minutes and he played less than that in real life he will experience fatigue. This will begin after the first game of the season (the effect will be lessened early in the season) and will apply throughout the season, updating after each game.
4/20/2006 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wontaek on 4/20/2006When will this be released? I have just entered a team in open league without knowing about this. If that league ( NBA19089 ) will be effected, I would like to redraft that team .

We'll probably apply it to all leagues that are not yet scheduled on the release date. That will allow people to request to redraft if necessary.
4/20/2006 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 4/20/2006It will be a comparison of real life total minutes to the simleague pace for total minutes. So if a guy is on pace to play 3000 total simleague minutes and he played less than that in real life he will experience fatigue. This will begin after the first game of the season (the effect will be lessened early in the season) and will apply throughout the season, updating after each game
Thanks for the response. Just so I'm clear, let me again go to the example of 64-65 Wilt with 1787 total minutes. So, under the new system, if an owner played that Wilt for more then 21.8 minutes a game he would show signs of fatigue?
4/21/2006 12:48 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/21/2006 8:59 AM
What about players' minutes was they head into the postseason? I don't understand how thats going to work.
Obviously, entering the postseason, they are going to have reached and probably exceeded their actual 82game totals....so does that mean they will get fatigued very easily in the playoffs?
4/21/2006 1:36 PM
No, SimLeague minutes are prorated to 82 games. So say a guy played 2460 minutes in real life. The number we use to compare to that 2460 is SimLeague mpg*82. So if he plays 300 minutes in his first 10 games then we would use 2460 (30 mpg times 82 games) as his SimLeague pace. So he would be right at his real life minutes so he wouldn't be fatigued.

In the playoffs, say he's played 2910 minutes in 97 games (82 regular season + 15 playoff games). He's obviously over his total real life minutes, but we would not use the 2910 number as his pace. We would still use 2460 (30 mpg times 82 games) as the pace number.

Hopefully that clarifies the prorating that we do.
4/21/2006 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seble on 4/21/2006No, SimLeague minutes are prorated to 82 games. So say a guy played 2460 minutes in real life. The number we use to compare to that 2460 is SimLeague mpg*82. So if he plays 300 minutes in his first 10 games then we would use 2460 (30 mpg times 82 games) as his SimLeague pace. So he would be right at his real life minutes so he wouldn't be fatigued.

In the playoffs, say he's played 2910 minutes in 97 games (82 regular season + 15 playoff games). He's obviously over his total real life minutes, but we would not use the 2910 number as his pace. We would still use 2460 (30 mpg times 82 games) as the pace number.

Hopefully that clarifies the prorating that we do.

How do you account for teams having a bye and one team finishing a 4 game sweep while other team coming from dramatic 7 game series?
4/21/2006 3:07 PM
The point of fatigue is to penalize coaches from consistently overplaying players. While it might be more realistic to reduce fatigue for a team that swept a playoff series, it's not really what we're going for.
4/21/2006 3:14 PM
So then what happens with short season players (e.g. 64-5 Wilt) in the postseason? Are they only expected to play their 82-game per-minute average in order to remain at 100%? I.E. would that particular Wilt only be allowed to play 21.8 MPG without becoming fatigued?
4/21/2006 3:39 PM
It still looks at total minutes played. It doesn't matter what he plays in a particular game except for the effect of that game on the total.
4/21/2006 5:14 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
** New Fatigue ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.