** New Fatigue ** Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 4/24/2006
I guess what bothers me most about you Seble is that you and Tinman dance around main points like you're in a damned ballroom. You seem to think that if you put actual facts and figures (numbers) into what you're saying that you're somehow giving the "secrets" of the game away and that someone would master the game and everyone would stop playing.
Everything seems like, or should pretty much, or just might, or essentially, or some fatigue...what do you really have to hide?
Whenever I suggest/have suggested something to you..you've always said..."That's ESSENTIALLY how it works".
If you want to see my fatigue work, I will show you
I think this is the bigger issue.... The sim doesn't work the way you think it should. Which in and of itself is fine, but there's nothing changed from what I know about injuries for at least three years (in that GP was never a factor).
4/24/2006 12:37 PM
If games played don't matter
Why do guys that play 2000 minutes in 82 games get injured less than guys that played 2000 minutes in 50 games?
4/24/2006 12:38 PM
I stated the facts in a previous post. I don't see how I'm dancing around anything. You're trying to make up an argument where there isn't one.

We can't always state things as certainty because there is randomness throughout the game. And there has to be some unknown or the game would lose any challenge it presents.
4/24/2006 12:39 PM
I have the perfect example in regards to games.
A couple years ago, I drafted 1961-62 Elgin Baylor...48 games...2129 minutes...I was looking to get a decent 24-28 out of him for the entire season...those minutes adjusted would be a tad higher since there were only 80 games played in 1962.
Well in the first game, after only 14 minutes of play...Baylor got injured for 5 days (10 games) and I promptly released him.
Games played don't play a factor in injuries huh...
4/24/2006 12:41 PM
Address the above claims seble instead of telling everyone that I don't know what the cfck I'm talking about...
4/24/2006 12:42 PM
That's a pretty small sample size of data to base a conclusion on, isn't it?
4/24/2006 12:48 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/24/2006 12:49 PM
I knew that was going to be your answer. If GP doesn't matter, that's a very extreme case of randomization, isn't it?
4/24/2006 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By usmoo_879 on 4/24/2006
Quote: Originally posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2006 <DIV>Address the above claims seble instead of telling everyone that I don't know what the cfck I'm talking about...

(1) The topic here is that the fatigue is changing. So that one team you had a few years ago is how many SIM's old?

I believe Seble's exact words about GP NOT having an affect on injuries were "It's been that way for years" If its YEARS old, it has endured through the various versions of the sims. So again, why do 50 game players get injured more than 82 game players despite playing the same amount of IRL minutes at the same rate in the sim?

(b) The idea that your player should play out his total minutes before getting injured is ridiculous.
If you're playing them at an 82 game pace, like 20 MPG for 64-65 Wilt, then he shouldn't get injured. Again here's where GP factors into injuries...which seble says doesn't happen. That Wilt will get injured REGARDLESS
(iii) You get what you pay for. You buy a Hoops team on WIS and you get randomness including injuries.

Too much randomness...trying to be too cute in "emulating real life" Give it a break guys, run the sim, not the NBA.

(Four) Your SIM is in your noggin. We could care less about your fatigue settings here. If I cared I'd visit it. What's the URL agian?

I haven't said **** about my sim in a while. You could care less about my fatigue, fine. I'm just saying I could put numbers on things where WIS couldn't. WIS can't explain its game because they don't seem to know entirely how it works.

4/24/2006 12:54 PM
Why do you need randomness when each matchup/shot/etc is going to produce a different outcome every time it happens?
4/24/2006 12:56 PM
Colonels, please stop playing whatifsports, or else learn how to express your questions with some tact instead of just trying to pick fights. I come into this thread wanting to read about how the new fatigue system works and all I find is you ******** about how you don't completely understand every nuance of the sim (while providing scant evidence for your claims). You act like this is some sort of morality that is being debated when really all it is is an online simulation of NBA basketball (the best, btw) and if you find it's inadequacies too frustrating, then instead of clogging up threads with your whining (which is all you seem to do here anyway) leave and let the rest of us have some fun.
4/24/2006 1:23 PM
Get my posts deleted then...if anything questioning or antiWIS is posted...please get it deleted...thank you
4/24/2006 1:26 PM
As for you, seble, I can't believe you guys put up with this crap. Not only is it a pain for you, but it makes it that much more frustrating for the rest of us users to try to get information.

I believe there is a clause in your 'Terms of Use' that lets you 'remove any materials' at your disgression. Also, without a doubt colonels is 'inhibiting' my enjoyment of your communications services.
4/24/2006 1:30 PM
I have the perfect example in regards to games.
A couple years ago, I drafted 1961-62 Elgin Baylor...48 games...2129 minutes...I was looking to get a decent 24-28 out of him for the entire season...those minutes adjusted would be a tad higher since there were only 80 games played in 1962.
Well in the first game, after only 14 minutes of play...Baylor got injured for 5 days (10 games) and I promptly released him.
Games played don't play a factor in injuries huh...
Obviously, Elgin Baylor did not play 3936 minutes in real-life during the 1961-62 season, you moron. Therefore, Baylor has a chance of getting injured starting from the very first minute he plays during a WIS sim season.

4/24/2006 1:30 PM
You're defending that instance for the wrong reason AS...because you don't like me.
4/24/2006 1:35 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
** New Fatigue ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.