** New Fatigue ** Topic

Quote: Originally posted by accel on 4/24/2006As for you, seble, I can't believe you guys put up with this crap. Not only is it a pain for you, but it makes it that much more frustrating for the rest of us users to try to get information.

I believe there is a clause in your 'Terms of Use' that lets you 'remove any materials' at your disgression. Also, without a doubt colonels is 'inhibiting' my enjoyment of your communications services.
I understand how you feel and I'd rather not have to respond. But I can't let someone put out false information or it might mislead and confuse less experienced users of the site.

As much as I'd like to keep threads informative and useful, our policy is to only remove posts that are offensive or completely off topic.
4/24/2006 2:31 PM
I've gotten the split season Wilts to play 82 games and reach his total minutes (exceed them, at times, as well)
Colonels is taking a few instances and from those few times saying the sim is ALWAYS that way - split season Wilt as a case in point. As an NBA regular (look at my total teams v. his) I can safely say that total games played do NOT affect whether or not a player gets injured - only how long that player sits out (just like monkee had already stated)
4/24/2006 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 4/24/2006
Why do you need randomness when each matchup/shot/etc is going to produce a different outcome every time it happens?
How could you produce any outcome without randomness?

When we say randomness, we're talking about picking a random number between 0 and 1 and using that number to determine the outcome.

I.E.

I have a 10% chance of making a shot when i play Pop a shot. If I was to write a KyleBoonPopAShotSim, for each shot attempt I would pick a number between 0 and 1 and if that number was <= 0.1, the shot attempt would be successful. Or maybe I'd be successful if the number was >= 0.9 - if I was feeling particularly crazy that day.

If I took 10 shots a million bazillion times, I would make 1 of the 10 shots ~38% of the time. 62% of the time I will over or underperform the expected outcome. Of course, ~34% of the time I would underperform, and only ~28% of the time would I over perform. That's why I don't play pop a shot very often. Especially against Tinman.
4/24/2006 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 4/24/2006

You're defending that instance for the wrong reason AS...because you don't like me.

You are a moron and a liar. Must be nice to sit at a computer and lie all day. And obviously you are a moron simply because you can't come up with better lies.

Hell, one of your latest lies is that you can' t get the short-season Wilt to play 82. Idiot. I had a number of "partial-season" teams (teams with short-season players, you moron) that didn't have injuries. And so did many others, which is why people complained about such teams. Idiot. Can't you come up with a better lie?

4/24/2006 4:00 PM
Man, this thread is hard on the head. I certainly understand what's going on and personally have no problem with it.
? ? 19 ? ? ? ? ?.
4/25/2006 10:38 AM
Is it safe to say that GP affects the duration of an injury?
4/25/2006 10:40 AM
No, that's not correct.
4/25/2006 10:47 AM
Has it ever been that way?
4/25/2006 10:54 AM
It was that way until we switched to the total minutes system, which was a long time ago.
4/25/2006 10:55 AM
I have a hard time believing that, but anyway. I just wanted to tell you that I think the injury situation is quite ridiculous, I've had 3 or 4 injuries in the past week.
4/25/2006 10:58 AM
I have a hard time believing that you have a hard time believing that.
4/25/2006 11:02 AM
And of course, Captain Spin at work again
4/25/2006 11:03 AM
Colonels, at least I can respect e-monk's ability to insult me because it's at least creative and original most of the time. You're just copying his ideas.
4/25/2006 11:12 AM
this is how i know you're defeated...grabbing for straws because you don't want to address issues
4/25/2006 11:22 AM
By the way, how am I actually copying E-monk's ideas? I'm questioning what you're telling me because you always put a pro WIS spin on things and quite frankly I don't believe you...that's copying emonk's ideas?
4/25/2006 11:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
** New Fatigue ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.