** New Fatigue ** Topic

all good points made here... gary, bbjones and jack... but i would prefer the way things used to be, like all3 said... injuries and fatigue... penalties to players being used more than 15% over their rl mins... i miss the good old days... but things are ok as they stand now too... and u're right, bbjones... owners just use what wis gives them... for now, lower mins and manipulation of rosters and rooks works fine... gl with your 2nd team.
7/4/2007 12:44 PM
What are these "championships" of which you guys speak? They are like some mythological "City of Gold" of which are legendary to me.
7/4/2007 7:44 PM
perception is reality...
7/5/2007 2:41 AM
Esse est percipi.
7/5/2007 12:18 PM
I am still explointing the drafting of low minutes.....they need to change fatigue so my starters will actually get injured....
2/20/2008 9:59 PM
Posted by seble on 4/28/2006 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Quote: Originally Posted By e-monk on 4/28/2006
fair? fair is the same rules apply to all
as they do now
you are talking aesthetics when you are talking about minutes usage - everyone can do the same thing now if they choose - there are no constraints on them so? how are you making it MORE fair
as for Wittman- check your facts on the 'no fatigue' bit because currently it does
It's more fair because a new user would assume (and be advised) that they need a realistic number of minutes to compete. In the current system they would lose to the experienced owners who know how to skimp on minutes. Then they'd probably get frustrated and quit.

I was applying our new fatigue formula to the Wittman example, which I assumed is what you meant.

In the current system they would lose to the experienced owners who know how to skimp on minutes.

2/22/2014 12:37 PM (edited)
6 1/2 years later I still agree with my post, and would love to see it changed back to the "good old days" way.  Can't help looking at the other owners who posting in this thread, and wonder which of WIS' neglected items drove them away.
2/21/2014 5:00 PM
I like the idea of a more strict adherence min's drafted. We set salery caps to get owners to expand the player pool in leagues, as it currently stands owners just play the low minute stratagy and still bring the same old players. This may help with widing the player pool..we'll see. Thx seble.
2/22/2014 1:22 AM (edited)
seble, I tend to bring players that have some foul issues, sometime they are under min's as a result, will it be "total mins - mins played / games remaining" to determine available mins/game? Or..is it a fixed per game value related to RL mins / 82 for the whole season?
2/22/2014 1:39 AM
Clown. This thread was started 8 years ago.
2/22/2014 2:16 AM
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2014 5:00:00 PM (view original):
6 1/2 years later I still agree with my post, and would love to see it changed back to the "good old days" way.  Can't help looking at the other owners who posting in this thread, and wonder which of WIS' neglected items drove them away.
what exactly would u want changed?
2/22/2014 1:56 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 7/4/2007 4:26:00 AM (view original):
i don't know where u guys are coming from...

i never field a team with less than 19000 mins... never! u can rely on those rookies all u want too... be my guest! haha...

i'll keep things the way they are and collect my rings.

u 2 should know better. u have fallen into the trap. teams with low mins and incredible players have terrific regular seasons, then get blitzed in the playoffs.

peace
LOL
2/22/2014 1:57 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 2/22/2014 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2014 5:00:00 PM (view original):
what exactly would u want changed?
Below is my exact post from 6 1/2 years ago (from the prior page).  I'd love to see things return to the way they were.  Of course that won't happen, since WIS / FOX no longer gives a rats ars about their SIM hoops customers.

Bring back injuries for players who are exceeding their IRL MPG rate by more than 15%. That would put an end to this "abuse" and also be more similar to IRL (where players do actually miss games). Injuries were part of the SIM for a long time: they just made drafting teams a bit more challenging. Owners are going to whine no matter what, so why not put the realism of injuries back in the game?
2/22/2014 6:20 PM
man, this has been a real pleasure to read... this gem...

4/25/2006 at 11:12 am
seble

Site Staff

Forum Posts: 3730
Colonels, at least I can respect e-monk's ability to insult me because it's at least creative and original most of the time. You're just copying his ideas.

2/22/2014 7:32 PM
Posted by felonius on 2/22/2014 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seble on 4/28/2006 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Quote: Originally Posted By e-monk on 4/28/2006
fair? fair is the same rules apply to all
as they do now
you are talking aesthetics when you are talking about minutes usage - everyone can do the same thing now if they choose - there are no constraints on them so? how are you making it MORE fair
as for Wittman- check your facts on the 'no fatigue' bit because currently it does
It's more fair because a new user would assume (and be advised) that they need a realistic number of minutes to compete. In the current system they would lose to the experienced owners who know how to skimp on minutes. Then they'd probably get frustrated and quit.

I was applying our new fatigue formula to the Wittman example, which I assumed is what you meant.

In the current system they would lose to the experienced owners who know how to skimp on minutes.

That e-monk fella sure knew his shiz
2/22/2014 7:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
** New Fatigue ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.