New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By bigugly7 on 11/23/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By foodsnob on 11/22/2007

I have read all the newbie advice I can find on the forums but I still have a question on recruiting. The general advice is to (1) avoid battles, and (2) to wait out the initial signing period.
That is 50% good advice. You certainly do want to avoid battles

I actually agree with this one. Avoiding battles is a good thing. However, I had 21 scholarships to fill so I hit the trail right away. By the end of the second cycle on signing day I had 15 of my 21 signed, 4 more on the next cycle, and the other 2 were ones I got into recruiting battles with and ultimately lost. Had to replace them, but when you're recruiting D3 players with 400ish ratings, it's not that hard to come up with replacements.
12/3/2007 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By showrunner on 1/05/2007
The OL and DL are measured as a unit. Positioning does not matter.
What ratings are used to measure the OL and DL ? Would this be their core ratings ?
1/18/2008 12:20 AM
How do I decipher the ac reports? I heard there was a thread floating around here about that somewhere, but a search yielded no finds.
Can you guys help?
1/18/2008 9:02 PM
billybob:
The sim will look at the average rating in each category for the entire OL and the entire DL. They do not treat these as individual players but instead as one unit.
The core ratings for OL are BLK, STR, and TEC. For DL it is TCK, STR, and TEC.
columbusbuck:
I think the thread you are looking for is:
1/19/2008 4:55 AM
Much appreciated , foodsnob.
1/19/2008 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By foodsnob on 1/19/2008

billybob:
The sim will look at the average rating in each category for the entire OL and the entire DL. They do not treat these as individual players but instead as one uni
The core ratings for OL are BLK, STR, and TEC. For DL it is TCK, STR, and TEC.
columbusbuck:
I think the thread you are looking for is:

Thanks. I eventually found it last night. By the way, I'm currently locked out of my office- even though I paid through next season. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I cleared my cookies, closed my browser.... still nothing.

Update: Changing Browsers solved the problem (02/26).
1/19/2008 12:36 PM
I don't quite understand the workings of the game-plan setup. In a particular situation (say 1 first and medium) I set up three plays and make them all active in normal and red zone situations. What deterimes, what play gets selected for any given play in that criteria?
5/13/2008 11:49 AM
It's completely random. Just like the lottery.
5/13/2008 12:06 PM
12/26/2008 6:12 PM
12/28/2008 7:43 PM
i need some advice cause i never win
12/21/2009 6:46 PM
I have a game planning question. I created a game plan for losing by 1 with 2 minutes, and a game plan for winning by 1 with 2 minutes. I also have a winning and losing game plan by 8 with 5 minutes. How do I get it off my base plan in a tie game under 2 minutes? I tried losing by 0 but it did not switch. This is a question from last season. So far this season I have not been in a close game, however most confrence games are close for me.
1/17/2010 11:09 AM
What would b the best way 2 stop the wishbone & notredame box?
2/7/2010 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goblue05 on 2/07/2010What would b the best way 2 stop the wishbone and notredame box?

recruit 4 STR on the front and run the 4-4
2/7/2010 11:14 PM
I played this game years agao but I justs tarted back up again. I know recruiting just opened up. When should i expect to get responses for my efforts? Is it not until the 2:30 am sim time?
2/8/2010 1:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.