New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

If you are a new coach with a ton of questions about recruiting, gameplanning, players, settings, or if you would just like to ask a veteran coach a question or two about what's going on......you are in luck. This is the Lounge that is just for you. 21 veteran coaches who have coached at least 10 seasons each in Stagg world, have gotten together to give you a leg up.
Please be brief and to the point with your question and these guys will come up with the scoop! You may have coached a season or so already and you STILL have questions. Step right up and ask away....that's the purpose of this topic, that's the purpose of the New Coaches Lounge!
Here are the Veterans you will be dealing with....
Recruiting/ST

michaeldartt, mumcoach, showrunner, gt9766b, kaduce, cbag71.

Offense

birdieparma, rollotomasi, dwhit34, mpmershon, brandonford, tommy_cian, and vichuck.

Defense

scoobybud, ddingo, drarcher, smithjd, thegrza, kyle128084, and cravedogg.
I will be acting as the moderator of this forum for the next season or two, just to reiterate, WIS has been good enough to pin this topic, in return, the following simple rule needs to be followed: Stay on topic. Any GD questions are welcome and well be answered quickly via this thread or sitemail by one of the experts in the panel. Any personal attacks, off topic posts, etc are not welcome here. If needed, I will redline posts and users.
Hopefully last years thread was helpful, and we can continue to offer this service to coaches going forward. That said, in the immortal words of Tom Cruise, "the bar (or in this case, the lounge) is open"!
carpediem33
9/14/2006 11:44 PM
ummmmm cricket cricket...... isnt that what the pinned thread in this forum is called??? New Coach's Lounge? I mean dont we have this already? How many do we need?
9/15/2006 7:35 AM
As each season ends, we will roll forward for the next season with a new, season specific thread. WIS will be pinning this one in the next day or so as the new one for this season. Oneomocron has handed the facilitator duties to me for a couple seasons, I will pass them on to the next coach when I am done, etc..
9/15/2006 7:47 AM
wouldnt it just make sense to pin one thread that way these guys that are good dont have keep typing the same thing over and over. Maybe you should take all the good info and put it in one message. paste that onto the 1st message. then underneath people can ask new questions insead of asking the ones that are already answered.
9/15/2006 7:59 AM
just a thought.
9/15/2006 8:00 AM
When does season 16 start where we find out if any players transferred and find out how much recruiting money we get? Thought it was supposed to be today (9/17), but so far nothing.
9/17/2006 8:28 PM
i think its 9/18
9/17/2006 9:56 PM
the season rolls over tonight after the 1st half is simmed in other worlds.
9/17/2006 10:15 PM
thanks plague and matt2377
9/17/2006 10:20 PM
Thought WIS was going to pin this...............?
9/21/2006 12:35 AM
cricket cricket.. they arent going to pin a new thread every season..
9/21/2006 7:24 AM
Might.
9/22/2006 12:51 AM
When you are "considered among others" in recruiting and the OTHER is a SIM, do you still need to put forth a lot of money or will you win that battle 100% of the time? I got a couple of guys who have not signed with me and the only competition is from SIMs.
9/26/2006 9:09 AM
With sims you need to knock them out fast. you really want to put alot of money in fast to scare them away if you dont they will drain you.
9/26/2006 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By jjonkowski on 9/26/2006When you are "considered among others" in recruiting and the OTHER is a SIM, do you still need to put forth a lot of money or will you win that battle 100% of the time? I got a couple of guys who have not signed with me and the only competition is from SIMs
A little while back, there was a change in the way that Sims recruit players. Now, a Sim will continue to siphon money into a recruit as long as they are on the considering list, so to answer your question... no, you will not win the battle 100% of the time. At the same time, you do not necessarily have to completely knock the Sim off the considering list in order to win the recruit (though many people prefer to go ahead and do that as quickly as possible).

Just be aware that if the Sim is on the considering list, it's going to continue to spend money, so it's possible you could lose the recruit, depending on how much you spend. You get an email from recruits at signing time (if you have a scholly on them) that says if he's leaning your way or someone else's way. If the recruit changes his mind, you get a new email to let you know. You can use this to determine if you want/need to spend more money.
9/26/2006 10:03 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.