New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

If my best rbs have low stamina, then I'll put them 1-2 in the same formation and split the carries to lower their pace. If my best rbs have good stamina (60+), I'll use my worst rb as the fb. I never intentionally recruit a fb unless I can't find guys worthy of handing the ball to. Then I'll look for a high blocking and hands guy to use as a fb.
5/12/2009 3:52 PM
I am a newer coach to GD. Through one seson with Wisconsin Stout I went a solid 0-13. Granted I started with some pretty god awful players and had to recruit (think I landed some decent guys) anyways in the spirit of this forum Iwill try to get right to my question. Anyone have tips on how to gameplan better? I dont know if thats my problem or if I just need to wait for my sophomore and freshman class to develop
7/7/2009 5:04 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
7/8/2009 10:32 PM
Newbie????How much of my practice time needs to be devoted to team rther than individual stuff?
10/23/2009 3:35 PM
Can I sling it 70 times a game and be sucsessful in D3?
12/2/2009 6:21 PM
depends on what you mean by successful...if you mean winning NCs, the odds are stacked against you as NCs are most always won by run-oriented teams...but, don't let that deter you...i believe the game is more fun if you run the type of offense you have the most passion for...couple of tips...you have to have the personnel to run a Trips/Shotgun successfully - probably 7 WRs and 2 decent QBs...i would find other coaches who have been successful with this model, and pattern your team after them...good luck!
12/5/2009 11:04 PM
Maybe i missed it in the thread, but the only issue I ahve with the game is that there is to much down time.  Do we really need 2 weeks or so between seasons (new coach sign ups, job changes, etc)?  Also can anybody explain the "guess" reports to me.  I have a team that on there is said to be ranked 103 and all my grades are in the C range yet my team went 10-3, lost to 3 of my 4 oppents by a touchdown or less (took one to triple OT).  I'm not even sure why we need "days" of recruiting.

The other issue I have is that during the job change period all the  schools in each division are the same, at least in the notes.

Overall the game is great other than that mentioned above.
9/26/2011 1:35 AM
They could probably shorten the time between seasons. But the length of time is meant to give coaches who can't be at the computer regularly have enough time to recruit.
      The Guess Reports are not technically part of Wis. It is a fun and informative publication that you can read or not as you wish and is written by one of us coaches.
                 To me the Guess Reports have one glaring weakness which it can't correct: It will rate all players according to his formula but can not take into consideration the quality of a player's Growth Potential. I usually run teams that compete for NC yet my teams recruiting is almost never one of the top rated recruiting classes.  Learn how to grow your players abilities(play them).

8/29/2015 2:51 AM
Posted by jewlsteam on 12/2/2009 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Can I sling it 70 times a game and be sucsessful in D3?
If you really want to learn this game move out of d3 into d2 and learn to use the Advanced Setting. You have much more control of what your team does and it is not available in d3.
8/29/2015 2:53 AM
Just joined, maybe we can get this up and running again?
8/4/2017 12:04 AM
Your best bet is start a thread in the general GD forum. Most coaches dont even check these World Pertinent Forums anymore.
8/8/2017 2:39 PM
Any know if any of my Lycoming records still stands (individual and team?). It won't let me check, curious if the new engine curbed strategies like mine.
9/23/2017 3:28 PM
New to this. I don't have a punter. Didn't notice while recruiting was going on. Will it just default to my kicker as the punter?
4/20/2020 6:42 PM
Yes, your kicker will punt as well. Some coaches do that on purpose to open a spot for another player in a more prominent position. I haven't had much luck, you give up some distance in kicking and punting which can hurt you in a game.
4/20/2020 8:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.