NEW YORK JETS DRAFT+ GREAT FAN PAGE Topic

If you're a business owner, and you have pride in your business, do you hire someone who just tore you a new ******* a week earlier?
12/12/2012 3:16 PM
No...unless you're the New Jersey Jets!
12/19/2012 3:06 PM
Well, Rex has accomplished something pretty much no one else has - he's got Tebow publically ****** off. And Tebow should be ****** off. I hope the Jets crash and burn and don't make the playoffs for the next 20 years.
12/19/2012 10:24 PM
Regardless of what Rex said, I doubt it was his call.   The Jets made a mistake in acquiring Tebow.   If he cames in and played well for the last two games, they're afraid they'd have a Denver situation where they have a QB that wins games but they don't believe in.   In Denver, they replaced him with Peyton Manning.  Hard to argue against that.  They're aren't going to be any Peyton Mannings available this off-season.

With all the bad QBing in the NFL, you'd think he'd get another chance but I'm not so sure he will. 
12/20/2012 8:31 AM
PLAY MCELROY

DUMP SANCHEZ+ JESUS

DRAFT SOME PASS RUSHERS+ SIGN CHRIS JOHNSON AND A RECIEVER
12/20/2012 9:03 AM

You left out:

FIRE REX AND TANNENBAUM

12/20/2012 9:16 AM
Tebow is a cancer, anyone that signs that bum is asking for failure.
12/20/2012 9:22 AM
Yeah, that's not right. 

He's said and done everything you'd expect from a back-up QB.   The fact that the media turns it into an issue isn't his fault.  

Most back-up QB have a following that demands they play if the team doesn't have a Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc, etc, under center.   Tebow just has a much bigger following.   I'm not sure you can bring him in and expect him to be your #2 if you don't have the clear Pro Bowler at #1.   First, because I'm sure he has a completely different skillset than the starter.   Second, because the calls for him to play are much louder.

IMO, you put him in NO or NE, especially NO, and they'll find a way to utilize him and no one will demand he start over Brees/Brady.  Put him in Jax behind Gabbert and it's NYJ all over again. 
12/20/2012 9:53 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/20/2012 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Regardless of what Rex said, I doubt it was his call.   The Jets made a mistake in acquiring Tebow.   If he cames in and played well for the last two games, they're afraid they'd have a Denver situation where they have a QB that wins games but they don't believe in.   In Denver, they replaced him with Peyton Manning.  Hard to argue against that.  They're aren't going to be any Peyton Mannings available this off-season.

With all the bad QBing in the NFL, you'd think he'd get another chance but I'm not so sure he will. 
Shame to have a QB that wins games....
12/20/2012 10:56 AM
I feel some for Tebow, but if anything, I feel for Sanchez.  He's obviously not strong mentally, but he was progressing, showed the ability to play well in big games, and won games for his teams late in games.  Then the Jets' o-line got much worse, their receivers got worse/turned against him, and they brought in a circus to back him up and take him off the field every so often.  A lot of this is on him, and a better/tougher QB fights through it, but the Jets did everything they could to make sure he did not succeed.
12/20/2012 3:44 PM
Well, QB for Rex is probably not a coveted job anyway.  But Sanchez had the opportunity to prove he could play.  Tebow didn't.   It's not like anyone who watched him last year should have thought he'd wow you in practice.
12/20/2012 3:59 PM
12/20/2012 5:36 PM
No doubt the talent around Sanchez got worse, but he's been near the bottom of QB's all 4 seasons. You don't get to keep being a starting QB in the NFL with his lousy production.

Didn't say it's Tebow's fault, but it's a circus wherever he goes. The teams that have elite caliber QB's are not the kind of organizations that will pick-up a backup QB who comes with the issues of having him. You think Belichick would think kindly of being peppered with Tebow questions weekly?

I do think there's a niche that he can be productive, as a short yardage/inside the 5 guy. Much like Oklahoma uses Blake Bell.
12/20/2012 5:54 PM
Do you think Belichick would be peppered with Tebow questions weekly?

"Coach, what sort of packages do you think you'll be using Tebow in this week?"
"We're just gameplanning for Kansas City.  They're a tough team."

Some coaches invite the circus, some coaches don't. 
12/20/2012 6:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...61 Next ▸
NEW YORK JETS DRAFT+ GREAT FAN PAGE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.