Boasters, Whiners, Cons, Libs (CLOSED) Topic

CAUTION: This thread has undergone several turns and long ago stopped having anything to do with baseball. It really belongs now in the General Discussion forum, but I don't know of any way to move it there. If you don't want to read about politics or social issues, don't go here...

(Original post: A man I used to work with said that bad news always comes in threes.

(Three straight 100+win teams have lost in the LCS.

(Today I had three Maddux '95 starts, and lost all three -- two of them in playoff games.

(I can't wait to see what comes next...)
2/8/2008 1:57 PM
Man, if 2 friends and/or family members passed recently, go see a doctor...in a Hummer...spare no expense.
2/8/2008 2:41 PM
I think there should be a forum just for whining....... It would be used by more owners than the population of China!
Then maybe, just maybe, WIS would fix some of the **** that just doesn't make sense in this game. I know I could fill a couple of pages and I've only been in a handful of leagues so far.
2/9/2008 8:57 PM
Cast your vote for which you would ban from the forums: Boasters or Whiners?

(P.S. -- I'm watching the Grammy awards and have nothing better to do...)
2/10/2008 11:34 PM
Tough choice...
2/11/2008 12:06 AM
boasters don't bother me.... The whiners just make me ill.....
2/11/2008 12:16 AM
I don't mind boasters per se, as long as they have a reason to boast. I used to get a kick out of Lemay Ripper (and every so often he'd offer some real insight, too). The ones that boast for no good reason are irritating. However, I wouldn't ban anybody: if I don't like a certain poster, I just don't read his posts.
2/11/2008 1:08 AM
I am awsome....I hate this game
2/11/2008 1:14 AM
I like both... I enjoy the boasters like the late, lamented lemayripper because it was fun to beat them, and if they beat me, then (in my IHMO) they had a good reason to boast. I also don't mind the whiners because sometimes they point out problems that WIS really needs to address. People whined about the super Long A reliever, and WIS fixed it. That was a good thing. Besides, like pinotfan says, if there is anyone that truly annoys me, it's pretty easy to ignore their posts.
2/11/2008 2:02 AM
I'd banish the pollster because they always have an agenda. Just look at the Presidential election. It's fixed the media wants Obama.
2/11/2008 10:11 AM
Amen
2/11/2008 10:19 AM
I don't have a problem with either Boasters or Whiners.

The only posters I can't really accept are the ones who type in all caps. They are annoying as all get out.

It's not even the content, as Big_kahuna's posts are quite humorous and sometimes even enlightening (read: money-making)... it's the sense that those posts are being YELLED at me that is most disconcerting.
2/11/2008 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazystengel on 2/11/2008As long as Republicans can continue to fix the polling booths come election day like in 2000, it's all good.

FTFY
2/11/2008 10:21 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/11/2008 12:31 PM
WHINERS
2/11/2008 1:10 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
Boasters, Whiners, Cons, Libs (CLOSED) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.