All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Critical News > A Guide for New HD Coaches
1/27/2010 2:48 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
3/27/2010 9:43 AM
Why does a SG with a 96 perimeter rating shoot 32% so far for this season. Went 1-11 against a defensive SG with a 25 Def rating. BTW he is set at a 0. Thanks for any ones help.
4/2/2010 1:00 AM
There could be many reasons for it. My first guess would likely be small sample size also you need to look at the sets he is playing against and the players ATH/SPD v his defenders. There is a lot more that goes into FG% then a guards PER rating.
5/29/2010 1:08 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
5/29/2010 2:33 PM
Sample Player Call:

1)

Thanks for the call coach. I'm a little busy right now, but I am interested in Florida Int. and would like to talk to you again before I make my final decision.

Eric Frase

2)
I called Burt Patton 10 times, 4 messages, before he finally called me back. He's pretty sure that he's going to get an offer from a 'big time program' but we are an option for him if that falls through.

In message 1 you can see this player is again recruitable (is this a word? MS Word doesn’t think so), but I’m not winning. In message 2 you see that I’m a ‘back-up’ option if this player doesn’t get the ‘love’ from the bigger programs. If he ever becomes recruitable for me he will send me a message saying so.

So with #2 if I get a hold of a player and he tells me this he will send me a letter late.If the big schools dont come calling,So does this mean that I should not call him any more.As he will do the calling if the time comes???
6/1/2010 3:40 PM
Quote: So with #2 if I get a hold of a player and he tells me this he will send me a letter late.If the big schools dont come calling,So does this mean that I should not call him any more.As he will do the calling if the time comes???
Yes.
6/12/2010 10:57 PM
Thanks for the great information. I have a question on position ratings. I recognize that offensive and defensive gameplans affect the overall importance of attribute ratings. But in general, how important is speed and athleticism compared to the other attributes for pf/c.

is ath more important then speed for pf/c?
6/19/2010 11:00 AM
REB most important for PF/C followed closely by ATH. Consensus is ATH is not quite as important if playing triangle offense. I value SP for big men after DEF/SB as well. I do run a FCP and like to have quick PFs though although the new recruits seem to have very low speed for big men (sub 20s)
6/20/2010 1:31 AM
Posted by spsone07 on 6/12/2010 10:57:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the great information. I have a question on position ratings. I recognize that offensive and defensive gameplans affect the overall importance of attribute ratings. But in general, how important is speed and athleticism compared to the other attributes for pf/c.

is ath more important then speed for pf/c?
ath and reb are the most important ratings... depending on the player and his role, either could be the most important. in general for a great big, i would take a point of ath over reb, and for a good big, i would take a point of reb over ath. anyway, ath is a lot more important than speed for a pf/c, but speed is still a lot more important than a lot of the sideshow categories (pass, bh, dur), and for some sets and some players, may even be more important than ratings like def, sb, and/or lp.
of 5
All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Critical News > A Guide for New HD Coaches

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.