Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Let's hope the boys can march back to Detroit with the series tied!
6/7/2009 12:25 PM
And improve their attitude!
6/7/2009 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By whatifboy on 6/07/2009

Ok, I switch my preference (between the only two options) for the Detroit Red Wings to win this season's Stanley Cup!

Why?

Cuz the Pittsburgh Penguins are sore losers.

ie/ Game 5's 3rd period slashes and other infractions by them on the Wings

ie/ they've responded basically the same in other games too in these playoffs

Oh no! winner doesn't like the Pens anymore
6/7/2009 2:11 PM
sore losers
6/7/2009 2:45 PM
The boys lost their composure last night. Pure, plain, and simple. This is where having a young captain can sometimes hurt. Sid should have risen above the bs and not gotten involved in the crap that went on. Sure, he was frustrated, as was every player on the Pens, but you rise above that crap. That's the stuff that other unnamed teams do, not us.

I personally think this will make them stronger for Tuesdays game. A loss is a loss. I believe in the old Danny Murtaugh (coach of the Pirates) way of thinking. I'd rather lose 5-0 and know we got blown out and didn't have anything going, than to lose 3-2 and stay up all night thinking...if only we wouldn't have hit the post, if only we would have scored on that breakaway, if only.......... That stuff will keep you awake at night and drive you crazy.
6/7/2009 8:09 PM
I agree with you Chuck.Pens are a great team and a little young is all.They are capable of making this go 7 and then who knows.That would be great for hockey.I hope the Wings win Tuesday but as I said at the beginning,a game 7 would be awesome,no matter who wins.Good luck guys!
6/7/2009 8:15 PM
What kind of celebration did Malkinstein do after his goal in game #4?? he looked liked Brian Boitono getting ready to get some DP!!!
6/8/2009 1:19 AM
winner's cheering for detroit now? pens chances just went up. :>

and i love the thread title cen. lets hope it's true. we have to at least force a game seven. after that, it's a free for all for all the marbles... errr cup. :>
6/8/2009 2:44 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/8/2009 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By donaldjl on 6/07/2009Quote: Originally Posted By whatifboy on 6/07/2009

Ok, I switch my preference (between the only two options) for the Detroit Red Wings to win this season's Stanley Cup!

Why?

Cuz the Pittsburgh Penguins are sore losers.

ie/ Game 5's 3rd period slashes and other infractions by them on the Wings

ie/ they've responded basically the same in other games too in these playoffs

Oh no! winner doesn't like the Pens anymore

Winner just gave the Pens a bigger boost than the WIngs got by getting Datsyuk back.
6/8/2009 12:13 PM
5-28,at 603 pm.Our bet is neither can post in General Discussion for a year?Good luck.You gonna miss yer Parrot?If i lose i sure wont!Good luck Kid.Game 6 outta be a blast!
6/8/2009 12:21 PM
I have a bird?
6/8/2009 1:19 PM
I don't think I'll bother watching the game tomorrow evening.

It depends if I'm still on a date with my girlfriend or not...
6/8/2009 2:45 PM
Did I hear correctly that NBC isn't going to allow the Pens to have the giant screen set up outside the arena for fans without tickets to watch the game?
6/8/2009 3:56 PM
NBC never allows that... so, yes you heard correctly.
6/8/2009 3:56 PM
1|2|3...78 Next ▸
Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.