Starting second divisions? Topic

uncleic, don't have problem with waiting, what will be nice for waiting ppl it is to have some estimated count, or time, when someone start playing this guy,mostly he don't have any idea how game works. My first pick was random and got lucky to join in competitive world,than I created 2 more teams in worlds, both with 4 countries, one is full other is empty, both are perfect place for tests.
2/1/2010 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By systemhalter on 2/01/2010uncleic, don't have problem with waiting, what will be nice for waiting ppl it is to have some estimated count, or time, when someone start playing this guy,mostly he don't have any idea how game works. My first pick was random and got lucky to join in competitive world,than I created 2 more teams in worlds, both with 4 countries, one is full other is empty, both are perfect place for tests.
On the main FCD page, before you even sign in, on the right click on Worlds. There is a list of Worlds, what week they are in and the countries in each world. All it doesn't say is second divisions, and if that is what is most important to a guy he can ask in the forums. It's all right there for anyone.
2/1/2010 4:25 PM
When I started the forum was only for paying users,and trust me where wasn't almost any information about anything. I know about worlds screen, but how you can figure when you are on the waiting line?
2/1/2010 5:17 PM
I picked USA before even knowing about different countries in different worlds. (How many, which worlds, etc.) It doesn't mention any of that when you sign on. It just says create team. Then you are stuck. I have been waiting 14 days so far. It's not that big of a deal with me, but I can see many new users just giving up by now. Abandoned teams help noone.
2/2/2010 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By marble26 on 2/02/2010I picked USA before even knowing about different countries in different worlds. (How many, which worlds, etc.) It doesn't mention any of that when you sign on. It just says create team. Then you are stuck. I have been waiting 14 days so far. It's not that big of a deal with me, but I can see many new users just giving up by now. Abandoned teams help noone
Good example of why they should not consolidate or otherwise lower the number of worlds.

Although, the current system requiring a little waiting might be a good way to weed out some of the managers who will not have the patience for a dynasty game.
2/2/2010 9:56 AM
Okay, I feel like it's time for me to prove a point. :D

What country should I have an Alt ID team join? I want to join one that season 7+ so that I can document how quickly you can turn a team around into a team that competes for the title.

So, I am looking for a country that would put me in an existing world many seasons in and preferably lots of humans. That way, I dont have to hear about that excuse....
2/2/2010 11:24 AM
And by the way, how can you tell how many people are in a world? I dont think I ever noticed before.
2/2/2010 11:31 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/2/2010 6:54 PM
Im already in world 90. :)

...JoeMexico
2/3/2010 9:31 AM
I realize that much of the discussion here has been about 2 months old, but the discussion is still relevant. (This may be long, but I am waiting for my spouse to come home and have not much to do.)

I am halfway through my first season and recognize many good features and some features that may be implemented to improve the structure of the game in general. The esthetics of the game will come with time, but improving the structure will be important based on the concerns of the forum posts. Structure problems I noticed are: second divisions needed to even out team strength, stadium inequities for income, starting times for different countries causing long waits, among others.

My opinions:

1) Team strength: I am currently in a second USA division. The league is dominated by 3 top teams with the rest fighting for the 4th spot. Many of the top teams purchased the bulk of their roster at the beginning of the season. There would be no way for a first year club to compete, simply due to the money differences. This would not be unreasonable in the real world for an 'expansion' team. What is unreasonable is to think a team could purchase a team in the real world and win. In the real world, players would have egos, expectations and priorities. FCD could alleviate some of the stacking of high salaries by making some players 'stars' (top scorers, champion team members, etc). These 'stars' would not want to play on any team with too many other 'stars' (2 - 3). Once a team has these 'stars' on the roster they will not be able to sign more. Also, FCD could institute a feature that adds 'teamwork' to a players skill set. The longer they are on the same team - the higher it goes. FA and transfers - no matter what their starting rating would have a low teamwork value and their effectiveness is decreased until it rises (15 - 20 games). These features would limit the purchase of high priced talent at the start of the season and help development of players.

2) Stadiums: Stadium size can put smaller teams at a disadvantage. An easy fix would be to charge a fee ($25 per seat, $10 per standing spot) at the beginning of the season for maintainence. If you can't pay it all - you lose seats). Would also put a crimp in budgets for buying players at the start of the season if you aren't careful.

3) Second divisions: I am involved in a Fantasy Football site where the beginning teams start at a lower level (possible 128 different leagues). When you place 1st or 2nd you are promoted to the next level and the four losers from above are relegated and spread over two lower leagues. The second to the bottom level has 64 leagues and up to the top one championship league at the top of the pyramid. The difficulties of FCD may be eliminated by doing this. They have 8 different levels of leagues. This allows teams from the lower leagues to be elevated to fill vacancies. All leagues from 2nd to the bottom - up are filled with real coaches. FCD could time its worlds to include this structure, filling new teams from the bottom and providing upper divisions with only human coaches. Countries and leagues could be advertised as open (as the open teams in GD) and you could wait to pick a specific country or pick any open country in a league ready to start).

Thanks for the opportunity to voice some of my observations.
3/20/2010 10:13 PM
What happens when a one occurrence country like Japan or Switzerland reaches 20 players and has a wait list? Is a 2nd division formed then? We are at 19/20 users in Japan in World 80, and was wondering if team 21 would be stuck on an infinite waitlist.
3/23/2010 3:09 PM
I've been through 5-6 seasons now and have resorted to creating an alias and a second team....because I'm bored.

I was waiting and waiting for a 2nd division or champions league, or something to strive for.....hasn't happened.

My team finally won (through cheating) in World 90. There is nowhere to go form here until they create 2nd divisions, or consolidate, or create a Champions League.....6 seasons and waiting -so I'm bored and done.
3/28/2010 8:54 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. It would have been a crying shame to take a few more seasons and build a winning team legitimately. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
3/28/2010 10:42 PM
We do need a change and 2nd divisions because I just beat a team 6-1 using many guys who hadn't played a game before on the last game of the season.
4/5/2010 12:46 AM
Norbert, how is this going? Anything else to report after a few months?
4/7/2010 9:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Starting second divisions? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.