Starting second divisions? Topic

I understand your frustration chadtv but I'm glad that some are filling up some leagues.  I have been in an England league with 3 other guys since season 5.  It is now season 12 and we just 'refilled' with 16 new people.  These are the first new people since season 3 for us.
7/30/2010 11:44 PM
Having 2nd divisions, even with lots of sim teams, would HELP keep more people around and keep interest!! Newbies in my league (Japan), are usually stomped on early, lose interest, and are relegated out, without ever having a chance to build, replaced by other new teams, who again get stomped on.  Starting a 2nd division would allow them to be decently competitive early on, and keep interest in building a team that would move to division 1 in a season or 2.  Would also mean more competition at the higher level, as teams have to 'earn their way in'.  Not as many easy games for the top teams, which means depth and roster management will come into play even more.  MORE PEOPLE WILL STICK AROUND!!  I agree that there is a lot to be desired in the game simulation overall, but this simple change would have immediate IMPACT!
7/31/2010 7:59 AM
Good point.  I'm thinking about starting a new team and seeing how long it takes me to get competitive in an established world.  I have 22 teams and all but 1 have been realistically competitive after 3 seasons.  It takes patience which it seems that some people don't have anymore.
7/31/2010 11:11 AM
Posted by shadoworkcat on 7/31/2010 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Good point.  I'm thinking about starting a new team and seeing how long it takes me to get competitive in an established world.  I have 22 teams and all but 1 have been realistically competitive after 3 seasons.  It takes patience which it seems that some people don't have anymore.
if you have 22 teams maybe there are only about 20-30 different human owners in this whole thing?
7/31/2010 5:01 PM
Posted by enoch101 on 7/31/2010 5:01:00 PM (view original):
if you have 22 teams maybe there are only about 20-30 different human owners in this whole thing?
LOL a brother who has 22 teams in 34 worlds certainly must have a level of patience... don't know if anyone else can match that.

Maybe patience ain't the right word. 

7/31/2010 8:01 PM
Posted by damag on 7/31/2010 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by enoch101 on 7/31/2010 5:01:00 PM (view original):
LOL a brother who has 22 teams in 34 worlds certainly must have a level of patience... don't know if anyone else can match that.

Maybe patience ain't the right word. 

I agree with shadow, I think that is part of the fun of this game. Coming into an established world and seeing how long it takes to be competative. I have been successful at doing that in about 3 seasons. It really depends though on wether people are willing to help you out in your first season. I have a team in its first season in Portugal world 80. I am 22-5-8 with a plus 38 good for 6th place 20pts out of first with 3 games to play. I was able to get several people to buy my scrub players and buy buy enough 50-60 overall players to be competative. That will give me a good head start on season 2. I have also been able to build my stadium up to 25K. All in all I am very pleased with this team.
7/31/2010 9:21 PM
Insanity. :) Definately insanity. :)
8/1/2010 8:37 AM
A lot of people have left, I think they might need to get rid of the 2nd divisions, in World 70 there is only 1 human team in the US 2nd Division
2/20/2012 1:49 AM
Can anybody tell me whether Greece in World 84 has a second division?  It's the only world with a Greek league and according to the country overview page there are 22 active teams (with 5 on the waiting list).
10/21/2012 3:56 PM
I'm assuming it's because there's more than 20 active teams.
10/22/2012 4:02 PM
I don't know about world 84, but I do remember Norbert saying that just because there are 22 active teams doesn't mean that they have all joined a league. The 5 waiting are part of the active teams.
10/22/2012 11:41 PM
Hmm, I don't know.  When I registered as a Greek team, the number on the waiting list went from 4 to 5 but the number of active teams didn't change.  I site mailed a couple of the owners in that league, but they didn't read/respond to the mails.  I'll try site mailing a few more and if that doesn't work I guess I'll submit a ticket.     
10/23/2012 6:33 AM
I can tell you with Absolutle certantity, that there is not a second division in that league. There will never become a second division of any country except USA, because there will never be enough teams in the other countries. If there become to many teams to fit into one world, they will open that country in a second world before they ever create a second division. A bunch of us got together to try and see if we could create a second division but they just put us all in a new world. 
11/22/2012 11:51 PM
I'm for creating a 2nd Division and allow teams from the first division to also have a team for the second division as well.  They would then get to build up another stadium.  Of course, I also wish they'd fix the attendance to capacity ratio based on success, but I doubt that will ever happen.
12/20/2012 10:42 PM
What would the harm be in consolidating worlds, or allowing a user to have a different team in different worlds?

I think that if an additional world was created, and people knew beforehand that you can't pick the nationality of your team, it would fill up quickly and have much more competition.  I think that it would be a lot more competitive and have a lout of countries/leagues/divisiosn filled up.
6/13/2013 3:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Starting second divisions? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.