Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

I love Torts. I love the new Nucks attitude. Hey Gillis, we need more players to play this role. Get on it.
1/19/2014 3:11 PM
 I dont think Mcgratton wouldve jumped a non fighting  player, he seems like a stand up tough guy ,knows his role ,unlike john scott..him and Sestito were patting each other after the fight..
1/19/2014 3:48 PM
I saw that too. McGratton is a nut bar but seems respectable. He's been a round for a while and still holds his own. Beiska taking the draw was great too.
1/20/2014 10:50 AM
Mcgratton is a tough f#cker  ,i dont think ive ever seen him lose a fight ..Canucks could use him over that useless piece of sh1t  Weise who doesnt know his role and thinks he is a player? dumb f#ck
1/21/2014 6:51 PM
F#ck I hate Gillis ..fat f#ck was lucky to keep his job ,lied to the fans saying he was going to change with the times..like usual perimeter changes ,NO changes to the core..now he sits there and does f#ck all to address the lack of scoring ,lack of toughness,lack of character..Fire that jackass already..!!
2/1/2014 12:32 AM
Gillis cant control injuries. Check who is out of the line up.
2/2/2014 12:40 PM
every team has injuries,thats a excuse,they cant beat the California teams ..

2/2/2014 4:24 PM
It is still good to see Luongo in between the pipes every night.
2/5/2014 9:18 AM
it took awhile but we can all see how Gillis f#cked this team up by sitting on a old core ,not being proactive,not knowing when to get rid of guys . he promised us he would make changes to compete in this conference , perimeter changes is all he did ..he needs to lose his job .Torts is hancuffed by a bunch of soft players,his goalie cant make the big save at the crucial time, his scouting staff has let character,hometown guys get drafted from right under thier noses..its a big joke  
2/8/2014 3:22 AM
we are gonna adapt ,we are going to get younger ,we need to change our core ...yea how/s your stand pat theory working out for you Mike? ..pull the trigger on a soft Swiss Dman in Diaz ...wow..Aquilini's really knew what they were doing when they kept you on..what a embarassment 
2/8/2014 8:44 PM
Blow up the team:

1) First move: Fire Gillis and hire someone to re-build the team.
2) Get what you can for the Sedin's and Kesler.
3) Hamhuis will bring some good young assets, hate to lose him but sell while he brings a high return.
4) Keep Luongo, let him face 60 shots a night for 2 seasons, his GAA ave will be 6.00 then maybe he will retire. (lol)
5) Put Booth on the top line,maybe he scores some goals so new GM convinces some sucker to take him at the trade deadline.
6) Call up Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado and even J Blain. Let them gain some experience.

Next season let all the young guys play. Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Corrado,Blain Tanev, Jensen. Along with the Young assets that we get for the Sedins, Hamhuis and Kesler. The re-build will take two to three seasons. There is not a Canuck fan anywhere that would not like to see this happen. The team will get 2 high draft picks (2015 and 2016) and be set for the next 10 seasons. Rogers Arena will be sold out every night. Cup contender in 2017 mission accomplished............FIRE GILLIS NOW!!!

God I miss the NFL already!!!
2/9/2014 3:53 PM
I basically agree with juskay.

The window is closed, there are next to no assets in the AHL for Vancouver.

But we do have 5 point per game players in Junior hockey right now.  Next season should see 4 or 5 under 22 players playing regularly.  Sink to the bottom and throw your hat into the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.  Next window opens up about 2018.
2/9/2014 11:50 PM
problem with a total retool is that we dont have the shrewd GM ..we trade off our assets and cant draft worth **** and we are looking at another 20 yrs of futility..only players i would keep are Kassian,Lack ,Tanev,resign Santorelli ,possibly Richardson..Higgins ..build around Shinkaruk.  I think .Gaunce and Horvat are going to be flops..Sedins ,kesler ,Luongo ,Edler Bieksa should bring some other prospects along with Hamhuis..Burrows is done 
2/10/2014 2:45 AM
if the Canucks only had a GM like the Seahwak's John Schneider...
2/10/2014 8:40 AM
Randle........My first move was....Fire Gillis!! Then proceed with the re-build.
2/10/2014 5:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...205|206|207|208|209...213 Next ▸
Canucks Thread - We Still Believe Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.