Quote: Originally Posted By zhawks on 12/15/2009
I did not call out another coach, I mearly stated that you have made a big deal out of me running his team for 2 seasons, while there are other coaches who coach numerous teams on a yearly basis, which were not being stated. I was not saying there was anything right / wrong with it.

Also, I haven't had much luck in the state of Ohio lol not sure I'd tread those waters again!

But to point out mlat, I did not battle you with both of my teams, ever. Nor did I ever recruit against the same team with both of the accounts.

And if I even decided to keep my own teams I will not be recruiting for anyone else ever again. I have found out being helpful does not make the WIS community happy.

Ridiculous. I would have thought you were better than that.
12/15/2009 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mlatsko1 on 12/15/2009

I did not call out another coach, I mearly stated that you have made a big deal out of me running his team for 2 seasons, while there are other coaches who coach numerous teams on a yearly basis, which were not being stated. I was not saying there was anything right / wrong with it.

Also, I haven't had much luck in the state of Ohio lol not sure I'd tread those waters again!

But to point out mlat, I did not battle you with both of my teams, ever. Nor did I ever recruit against the same team with both of the accounts.

And if I even decided to keep my own teams I will not be recruiting for anyone else ever again. I have found out being helpful does not make the WIS community happy.

I have not done anything that could be considered against the rules and yet here I am having to defend myself. I straight up asked you what you would have done in my situation and got some response about save your patriotism.

I don't know how I am being ridiculous here, I did not recruit against anyone with two teams nor did I do anything that is anywhere close to against the rules.
12/15/2009 2:06 PM

I have not done anything that could be considered against the rules and yet here I am having to defend myself. I straight up asked you what you would have done in my situation and got some response about save your patriotism.

If that's all you took away from it, then I suppose I've held you in much higher regard during your career than I ever should have.

I don't know how I am being ridiculous here, I did not recruit against anyone with two teams nor did I do anything that is anywhere close to against the rules.

Your statement about the HD community was ridiculous, especially considering your role during the recent months/years.

I think your last few responses have summed it up pretty well for me.
12/15/2009 2:16 PM

And seriously, no you didn't or this wouldn't have been a problem in the first place and I wouldn't have had to waste half the day at work with this bullshit.
12/15/2009 2:18 PM
mlat you're a good guy and I know we have exchanged many sitemails about numerous aspects of the game since the Humboldt / Le Moyne days. I wish you would have brought this to my attention a month ago when you had a problem with it and we could have delt with it then.

I am sorry I am very frustrated with this issue but I do not like being called a cheater.
12/15/2009 2:19 PM
Maybe you're right, maybe that's why I was as shocked by it as I was, initially. Either way, I have to suspect the worst, because I'm the one that was burned by the situation. If I don't, then I only leave myself open to it again, which would be pretty stupid on my part. You're the only one that really knows how it went down and why you've continued to remain in the same position.
12/15/2009 2:27 PM
Yeah, understanable. I guess my only other thought was, if I decided not to battle you based soley on the fact that you were in the Big 10, isn't that wrong too? You're right I was very likely in a no-win situation, I did what I thought was best and likely it would upset someone else. At that point I had agreed to recruit for him and I couldn't back out of that.

I was wrong to say that the WIS community doesn't appreciate help.
12/15/2009 2:34 PM
Fair enough. Hopefully there isn't a repeat situation for anyone going forward. More importantly, good luck in getting the Illinii back on track this season. It's not easy competing at this level with a 7-8 man roster.
12/15/2009 2:50 PM
It won't. lol, I was truthful in saying I won't be recruiting in the same world with 2 teams anymore lol.

Thanks, I was very happy to get 17 wins... not really but it was better then I thought. Can't wait until 5!
12/15/2009 2:52 PM
Cool, Group hug! Can we now go back to bashing the real criminal in this whole mess?
12/15/2009 2:53 PM
Yeah, You for stealin' my chips with your runner runner 9s last week!!!
12/15/2009 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By zhawks on 12/15/2009All of this talk about how bad of a person I am is really making me wonder if I should continue with my WIS career. I go in trying to be helpful to some people who I barely even know and end up being called out as a cheater. I will have to re-think if I should continue with WIS.
martyr complex.
12/15/2009 3:02 PM
Thanks vandy
12/15/2009 3:07 PM
Yeah, You for stealin' my chips with your runner runner 9s last week!!!
I know I know wrong forum BUT.

I didnt want to say it during the tournament last week but you made a typical (atleast IMO) mistake that is made in short stack tournament play...You check the nuts...If I recall the hand I had Js and you held KQ hearts....Flop came 9 7 2? Hearts. You checked and I bet half my stack. You then check raised me all in. In the situation I felt commited to call because 1) I was committed to the pot at that point 2) If you did have a set I could still redraw to a higher set or 3) hit the backdoor flush. I didnt have any fold equity as I woulda been with 300 chips. True you got me to put it in behind which is what you want at the end of the day but it opened the door for my miracle running 9s. Plus if you lead out...I probably flat call (and would still have 600ish ) and fold when you lead the turn...you take a narly pot and dont have to cry about it one week later.
12/15/2009 3:09 PM
No I completely agree with you there mmt, for the most part, i didn't expect you to make as big of a raise as you did tho (which was my bad) I wanted to be all-in v you and I figured I had pretty good odds and IMO I would either A) bet you out after your raise or B) I would have good odds going into the turn and river, which I did.

So yeah your big raise did make you pot commited and did make my play foolish to some extent. But as I said last week I would have been stupid to have said I wanted you to fold.
12/15/2009 3:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.