dumbass

johnner26 To:
yschwartz Received:
12/12/2009 2:31:00 PM Subject:
He's going to cost you approximately 60K for this guy if I don't put any more into him. I have the prestige advantage and a significant chunk into him because I knew I would be competing with other high prestige schools for him.

Consider this a helping hand and know that I could still double my investment if I needed to because I had quite a bit of cash on hand to start recruiting.

I hate to see great programs strike out in recruiting.

Good luck Schwartz.

John
12/14/2009 9:00 AM
then

johnner26 To:
yschwartz Received:
12/12/2009 9:29:00 PM Subject:
Possible targets Message:
I scouted the states around you and there are a few pretty good potential pickup you could get even though they are already considering others.

1.Andrew Burnham PG. He's a pretty solid PG and speed has high upside. His only drawback is the FT, but since his PER isn't high either I would never use him for scoring so you should be fine with the FT. Idaho is in a battle for one of his guys and you have both a distance advantage and prestige advantage. I would lock him up.

2. Paul Milberg out of CA might also be a good pick for you. He's ready to play now and Colorado is going after him. You have a prestige advantage and a a distance advantage. Milberg is only a 2 yr juco but since he's already a 700 and pretty much all in the right place. A pretty good recruit in my opinion.

3. Mark Kearney out of CA is pretty good PF. No one has him right now and to save money for the battles that are coming I would lock him up. His only downside is his LP, but don't give him and distro and you can use him for defense and to fill a hole. Again he's a 2 year guy, but that may not be bad. Looks like you started a little late. So choose the right battles and make sure you put a decent team on the floor next season.

4. Phillip Vinson out of CA. Texas A&M is going after him, but that's a major stretch for him. He's a pretty good PG and someone you could probably grab.

I looked at Nevada's class--I really like Travis Shaw his C--that's someone to go after.

Looks like 2 big and 2 guards helps you get competitive next season.

Anyone of the guys I scouted for you would make you pretty strong. Obviously Shaw is the #1 priority. Then probably Millberg. After that it's your call.

My two cents and a few thousand in recruiting dollars. lol

John
12/14/2009 9:01 AM
then

johnner26 To:
yschwartz Received:
12/13/2009 6:53:00 PM Subject:
? Message:
Hope that works out for you cuz it's going to cost your entire budget to pull it off.

interesting...
12/14/2009 9:01 AM
just stunning

gotta wonder how the coaches of some of those other schools would be feeling after reading this

what goes thru someone's head while they are sending out stuff like this?
12/14/2009 9:06 AM
WOW!.
12/14/2009 9:40 AM
wow is right... i'd hate to pass judgment without knowing what, if anything, was sent the other way. but it sounds pretty bad!
12/14/2009 10:01 AM
more importantly, did you win the battle?
12/14/2009 10:09 AM
He did not win the battle.
12/14/2009 10:54 AM
I don't like recruiting sitemails to begin with. Number one could be interpreted as gamesmanship. The second sitemail in which he suggests targets is just plain awful.
12/14/2009 10:56 AM
How is this not against fair play rules? Not schwatz...johhner. Makes you wonder what else goes on in the MWC.
12/14/2009 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grecianfox on 12/14/2009I don't like recruiting sitemails to begin with. Number one could be interpreted as gamesmanship. The second sitemail in which he suggests targets is just plain awful.
Awful, yes. However, maybe he should of taken some advice, looks like a 5 ship 0 signed disaster.

From a total outside opinion, while I agree it might be "wrong", it seems like this jonner was actually trying to help. YW didn't head his advice, battled an A+ came up totally empty and now as a last recourse decided to post the sitemails.

Second, in no way do I see how this would violate fair play guidelines, what exactly did he "DO"?
12/14/2009 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orrdc on 12/14/2009
Quote: Originally posted by grecianfox on 12/14/2009I don't like recruiting sitemails to begin with. Number one could be interpreted as gamesmanship. The second sitemail in which he suggests targets is just plain awful.
Awful, yes. However, maybe he should of taken some advice, looks like a 5 ship 0 signed disaster

maybe he was making a stand against collusion. if so, its quite admirable, IMO
12/14/2009 11:16 AM
wow that Johnner guy is an idiot
12/14/2009 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By orrdc on 12/14/2009
Quote: Originally posted by grecianfox on 12/14/2009 I don't like recruiting sitemails to begin with. Number one could be interpreted as gamesmanship. The second sitemail in which he suggests targets is just plain awful.

Awful, yes. However, maybe he should of taken some advice, looks like a 5 ship 0 signed disaster
Johnner signed 6 with 7 open. Yschwartz signed 0 of 5.
12/14/2009 11:19 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/14/2009 11:20 AM
1|2|3...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.