EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Trade Lough for Altuve. Simple. I would be fine with Infante because it is better than NOTHING, I suppose.
12/9/2013 5:56 PM
Houston would never accept that trade. Altuve at second is a better offensive option than Lough in the outfield. Also, Altuve is 23, Lough 27, Altuve is far more likely to be a major league star for a long time as well. Altuve is signed through 17, Lough arbitration eligible in 16.
12/9/2013 7:23 PM
Posted by jlrunruh on 12/9/2013 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Trade Lough for Altuve. Simple. I would be fine with Infante because it is better than NOTHING, I suppose.
That's LAUGHABLE.
12/9/2013 7:57 PM
You can TRY it.
12/10/2013 7:33 AM
Altuve would cost you one of your young arms, like Ventura. Look at what reliever Will Smith got you, a fourth outfielder in Nori Aoki. Extend from there what a highly touted young second baseman with four years of team control at reasonable cost would be worth.
12/10/2013 8:23 AM
I wouldn't say Aoki with a .350+ OBP is a fourth OF, especially with his defense.

Lough is on the edge of being released.  6 OF, Maxwell/Lough/Dyson all out of options, and they still want to add another with pop for RF moving Aoki to CF.  Hopefully you can trade one/two of them, Cain probably if two go and they pick up someone else.  But Altuve for Lough has to be a joke.  That has zero chance of happening.
12/10/2013 10:01 AM
JIm Bowden and Casey Stern both called him a fourth outfielder for the Royals. He can play all 3 spots but his defense is stretched in center and his offense is on a corner. I believe Baseball Prospectus calls that a "tweener".
12/10/2013 11:44 AM
Aoki's OBP was 37th in baseball.  That can play on a corner.  He was also a gold glover in Japan, and has limited experience in CF over here.  Maybe he is a bit stretched, but I think they are going to take that chance.  I think he is undervalued by a lot of people because he didn't get the huge posting dollars.  Maybe I'm just hoping though.
12/10/2013 1:05 PM
and his ops+ was less than 100. That doesn't play in a corner unless you have great offense at non traditional offensive spots. He's not a power guy, he's not a speed guy. All he does is get on first, and he's going to a harder hitting park from Milwaukee, so you have to think his offense is going to suffer even more. After his first season, I would have been more inclined to agree with you, but that's a pretty steep drop in production already, barring some unknown factor, like playing hurt all season, he just seems like a fourth outfielder.

Ask the Cubs how playing a similar ability player in right worked.

12/10/2013 1:34 PM
Aoki's wRC+ was 104, Gordon was 103.  You need slugging, but you also need guys who can get on base so they can be driven in.  Having someone to be on base in front of Hosmer, Butler and Gordon was something the Royals lineup was severly lacking.  Maybe he doesn't fit every team, but he should fit this team well.  Kauffman also limits HR, but is positive otherwise offensively, so it really shouldn't hurt his offensive game.  Coming to the AL from the NL might.

Also, if you can get Espinosa, and he can replicate his 2011-12 stats, you can get some slug from a non traditional spot.
12/10/2013 1:56 PM
Aoki is the Royals' leadoff hitter, like it or not. Maybe not for Altuve, but I agree with Jonas on everything.
12/10/2013 5:18 PM
Man, Royals fans are seriously delusional.
12/10/2013 5:25 PM
Lough/Maxwell is NOT starting instead.
12/10/2013 5:28 PM
And yet you think the Astros should take Lough for Altuve....
12/10/2013 5:43 PM
I don't actually think they would do it, no.
12/10/2013 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...33 Next ▸
EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.