EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2014 8:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jlrunruh on 6/19/2014 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/19/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Royals fans = small market Sux fans
I'll admit, we do have overall sub-average fans. But we do have bigger, more loyal fans, like when we played the Cardinals last year at St.Louis and there was a rain delay and the game was started back up around midnight and all the Cardinal fans left, there was only a group of Royals fans left who chanted 'Lets Go Royals' while Greg Holland got the save. But you are entitled to your opinion, and I'll respect that.
Bigger because most of the midwest is obese?
Some people around here like steak a lot 
6/20/2014 9:22 AM
At least you're not Wisconsin.   Sausage and cheese. 
6/20/2014 9:47 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2014 9:47:00 AM (view original):
At least you're not Wisconsin.   Sausage and cheese. 
Ugh.
6/20/2014 9:49 AM
Must have been that big Altuve for Lough trade....
6/20/2014 5:44 PM
Posted by masterdebate on 6/20/2014 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Actually, I've come up with a different trade. 
Christian Colon, Mike Moustakas, and Aaron Crow/Tim Collins for a third baseman, possibly Luis Valbuena or someone else.
6/20/2014 9:25 PM
David Wright!
6/21/2014 6:05 AM
Just an FYI, my internet is going to be spotty for the next week so I may not be able to update.
6/21/2014 8:57 AM
M's bitchslap Royals. 3-0 Sweep.
6/22/2014 11:54 PM
And jrunrun disappears into the vast black hole of the internet.
6/23/2014 8:10 AM
I will be able to keep going on Monday.
6/28/2014 1:57 PM
Posted by jlrunruh on 6/20/2014 9:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by masterdebate on 6/20/2014 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Actually, I've come up with a different trade. 
Christian Colon, Mike Moustakas, and Aaron Crow/Tim Collins for a third baseman, possibly Luis Valbuena or someone else.
 Ben Zobrist???
6/30/2014 10:27 AM
A Ben Zobrist trade would actually make sense. Colon is basically Zobrist, but with less power and younger. The Rays might see something in him. Crow makes a good set-up man that the Royals do not need. The Rays could also get some prospects in the deal. Plus, the Royals and Rays were already trade partners in the James Shields trade (Which the Royals won). 

Ibanez is a good pickup from a veteran helping Hosmer and Butler get better standpoint. From a player standpoint, not so much.
6/30/2014 7:54 PM
June 30th
Royals 6, Twins 1
RBI: Perez, Infante, Escobar 4
R: Gordon, Perez 2, Infante, Moustakas 2
HR: Perez
Multi hits:
Moustakas 2-3
Perez 2-4
Escobar 2-4
No Hit:
Cain 0-5
Butler 0-5
Pitching:
Duffy 5.2, 1 run
Bullpen 3.1, 0 run
: Pitching, Perez, Escobar, Gordon, Moose
: LoCain, Butler
Royals are now 2 games over at 43-39. ***** A's ***** Walkoff grand slam.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Royals now look to win the series tomorrow. Nice solid win today, Perez, Escobar, Gordon, Wade Davis, and Holland all should be in consideration for the All Star game.
Note: The Royals have the best defense in baseball. Maybe the best outfield of all time. (No, I'm serious) Gordon about to win ANOTHER gold glove, and besides Josh Donaldson and possibly Jason Hayward he's the best defensive player in baseball. Lorenzo Cain, if healthy, should win a gold glove. Jarrod Dyson has amazing range and he is already among the leaders in Defensive runs saved DESPITE only playing half the season. Having gold gloves at catcher and 1B does not hurt and solid defense at third. Escobar should win a gold glove if he gets attention. Infante is solid at 2nd. I'm serious. You can look at the stats, or you an look at the highlight reel. 

7/1/2014 10:00 AM
"besides Josh Donaldson and possibly Jason Hayward he's the best defensive player in baseball."

Heyward isn't even the best defensive player on his own team.  That's Andrelton Simmons.  And many would regard Simmons as the best defensive player in baseball, with some arguing in the past that it's not even all that close.

And I'm sure many would take Manny Machado or Nolan Arenado over Donaldson at 3B defensively.  He's not in that discussion for the best defensive player in all of baseball.

Gordon is excellent defensively, but let's not go too overboard with best in all of baseball hyperbole.
7/1/2014 12:37 PM
Gordon is definately top 5.
7/1/2014 8:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...33 Next ▸
EXCITING ROYALS NEWS RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.