fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

admin
To:
monkee
Received:
1/30/2010 5:17:00 PM
Subject:
WIS Terms of Service Violation
Your account has had its posting rights in the Forums revoked for violating our posted terms of use including the following reason(s): #Locked out of Forums: Inappropriate conduct in the Forums on 1/30/2010..

Because this is your fourth infraction, your posting rights have been permanently banned.

If you have any questions regarding the matter, you may submit a ticket to our customer support department. If you don't agree with the decision, please be specific with your ticket details.

--Site Staff at WhatIfSports.com
1/31/2010 9:07 PM
ps - I dont remember posting anything on 1/30

in fact I went up to Big Bear to go snowboarding on saturday morning and only just got back now (to this message) - I havent been on-line at all in the intervening time
1/31/2010 9:08 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
raise a ruckus or Im gone folks - let customer service know if you have a problem with this
2/1/2010 1:14 AM
I wondered what you were talking about in the funk52 league board. I don't like you, but this ain't right.
2/1/2010 1:57 AM
well, i'm gonna submit a couple of questions to customer support, along with an opinion... i might be right behind ya, monkee.
2/1/2010 6:27 AM
We've made the decision to permanently remove forum posting rights for monkee and his aliases due to a longtime ongoing negativity and disinformation. We've given him a ton of leeway over the years, but I've decided he no longer provides any positive value to the discussions, only negative value. This is not related to one specific post.

He's free to continue playing the games and posting in league forums.
2/1/2010 7:58 AM
I'd be very interested to know what kinds of warnings were issued (in specific terms), and how "inappropriate conduct" is defined for purposes of discussion and debate in these forums. Have I missed details posted somewhere?
2/1/2010 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by longtallbrad on 2/01/2010I'd be very interested to know what kinds of warnings were issued (in specific terms), and how "inappropriate conduct" is defined for purposes of discussion and debate in these forums. Have I missed details posted somewhere?
Monkee asked me (via sitemail) to share the following since his monyet account has now also been suspended:

"there were no recent warnings at all. I think it is interesting that out of nowhere and with no warning my posting rights were taken away because 'I dont bring any positive value' to the proceedings - I believe this act of petulatance to be seble's decision. I dont think he liked my statements about him in the 'thoughts about seble' thread but since they were echoed by just about everybody he couldnt call them out 'specifically' or he would have to call out the entire community."

seble is clear in his message above that he takes responsibility for this decision. I'm just asking to be directed to any existing detail on what constitutes appropriate forum discussion.

Any of you who've paid attention to my (fairly infrequent) posts in these threads have probably clued into the fact that I have little patience for belligerent and insulting input that's more than likely to be counterproductive. I'm interested in seeing the WISNBA game live a long life and improve over time, and that can't happen without a productive and respectful two-way relationship between staff and customers.

I support WIS' right to ban any of us from posting on their site. However, if a long-time customer is going to be hit with a permanent ban, it really raises the question of what kind of behavior is acceptable. If it's clearly spelled out, then we can all choose to conform or not and if we don't we have no right to be surprised by the consequences. Having some kind of protocols clearly spelled out somewhere also gives the staff better recourse, and insulates them (at least somewhat) from accusations of partiality and censorship.

So I asked again, have I missed something somewhere?
2/1/2010 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 2/01/2010We've made the decision to permanently remove forum posting rights for monkee and his aliases due to a longtime ongoing negativity and disinformation. We've given him a ton of leeway over the years, but I've decided he no longer provides any positive value to the discussions, only negative value. This is not related to one specific post.

He's free to continue playing the games and posting in league forums
Dude, this is crap...just because you don't like what he's saying doesn't mean that he isn't being truthful. I find truth, validity, and positive value in practically every single e-monk/monkee/monyet post that I come across and I completely understand his bitterness towards the NBA sim and a lot of it is because you've been rude and arrogant towards him and all of us for that matter. What the business/customer servant should do when a customer is unhappy, is find out why, try to rectify the problem, while being cordial and apologetic in the process...you frankly have not done that and just because you may or may not be having a change of heart now doesn't mean that all the past crap is magically erased. I've said this many times before, you don't realize how easy you have it, dealing with customers over the internet via e-mail/sitemail...if you served customers in a retail business the way that you serve them here, you would have been reprimanded multiple times and probably fired YEARS ago. I think you take your position for granted and you take sim complaints to be personal attacks, and you just can't do that because your treatment of customers is going to affect playership as much as sim flaws are.

I am by no means monkee's mouthpiece, his representative, etc., and I'm not speaking on his behalf (he does that sensationally on his own) but I'm going to take up his cross right now. Monkee may not be the easiest customer to deal with, but I don't think there's an NBA sim user out there that cares about this game more (no offense to the ashamaels, scuds, ncs, etc.) and he's just incredibly frustrated not only about the state of the game, but the way you've responded to him over the last 6 years. I see almost exactly what he sees, not because I'm trying to make friends, not because I'm his towel boy, its because he is RIGHT most of the time, and if the truth hurts then so be it. Monkee didn't just join this site with an anti-seble sentiment, it grew to become that way after years of disappointment and disgust, thus can you really blame him? You yourself said that a vast majority of the NBA sim players don't visit the forums, thus how is monkee's commentary really affecting business?

I've said this before too, I would love to have monkee as a customer/critic....intelligent, not a "yes" man, and a guy with a very high standard and knowledge of what is/should be going on. I've had spats with a variety of users on this website, some that have even posted in this thread, and its perhaps those people that I've had spats with (even the zhawks, dalters, metsmaxs, and schrodesses) that I've learned the most from and improved what I do most because of. I don't tune people out because I don't agree with the counter-point....all criticism is somewhat constructive, thus if people simply say "you suck" or "you're an ***" that's at least a reason for self-reflection.

Monkee isn't the reason that people aren't playing the NBA sim. Stop trying to make examples of people that are "problems" when the actual problems aren't even being addressed, whether its directly your fault or not, seble. You didn't burn the bridge with a lot of the folks here in one day, you're certainly not going to build it back up in one day either.

Monkee represents everything that is good and right about the NBA sim, period.
2/1/2010 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scudmissle on 1/31/2010any case, that is downright dirty pool... what are they afraid of? eerily similar to the obama administration's fight with foxnews... strange shennigans.
LOL
2/1/2010 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashamael on 2/01/2010I wondered what you were talking about in the funk52 league board. I don't like you, but this ain't right.
LOL
2/1/2010 10:21 AM
In all seriousness - is this because someone like me decided that enough is enough and decided not to play any more leagues? I feel monkee has been trying to improve this game forever here and has been a staple of the positive change in the sim.

I don't understand what kind of "disinformation" he has been giving to us and I don't think he would cause problems just to cause problems.

Bottom line: this all stems from nothing being done w/ the sim for a very long time. The feedback thread was supposed to bring positive change but all we got was a 6th man award which was never even talked about.

This isn't fair.
2/1/2010 10:27 AM
wis to emonk

Can't believe it took this long.
2/1/2010 10:32 AM
1|2|3...10 Next ▸
fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.