fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By tracyr on 2/03/2010a shoe
Actually, that would be a clown shoe...which I've heard people called before....its a deragatory comment.
2/3/2010 1:48 PM
You mean you've heard yourself called it before, right?
2/3/2010 1:53 PM
I sincerely suspect an admin of modding all of c19's posts within the last 24 hours just to make them say what they say now.
2/3/2010 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ashamael on 2/03/2010I sincerely suspect an admin of modding all of c19's posts within the last 24 hours just to make them say what they say now
They actually aren't Josh, this is really all me, no joke, no modding, no seble...I've been overly belligerent and for what, to get my kicks on an internet message board? I'd love to see this game solidified/improved as much as the next guy, but senseless negativity and bad mouthing isn't going to help the cause at all. The best thing I or any of us can do is show our displeasure by not playing the product and voicing are concerns (heard or unheard) in a pleasant manner, and hope that seble would return the same tact/respect.

I really just realized that a lot of my angst stemmed from things that happened 3-6 years ago, some are still unresolved (I think this is monkee's dilemma as well, and I told seble that in the posts we traded), but I can't just keep harping on past mistakes, fixed or not, and I've had a big hand of creating this negativity as well. Seble has been no saint either, and I still find him rather arrogant, however the only thing I can control is me and that's what I'm aiming to do now.
2/3/2010 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By gin_caesar on 2/03/2010You mean you've heard yourself called it before, right
Lol, actually I haven't...a friend of mine uses the word rather frequently.
2/3/2010 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seble on 2/02/2010 If you don't enjoy it then maybe take a break and check back periodically to see if updates have been made.

a. What do you think we've been doing for the past year and half?

b. Why is there such a short time limit on game credits?
2/8/2010 11:37 PM
the thing is w/ taking a break, some of us are in progressive leagues where taking a break just isn't possible..

owners in progressive leagues are pretty committed for the most part. that's one of the reasons why we join them in the first place.
2/9/2010 7:03 AM
yep
2/9/2010 12:26 PM
Indeed.
2/9/2010 12:38 PM
we would need to convince all 23 other owners in the league to stop and come back at a future date (after the update or whatever). in essence, the league would die. WIS would lose all kinds of customers from this happening. Is this what they really want?
2/9/2010 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by garyman on 2/09/2010we would need to convince all 23 other owners in the league to stop and come back at a future date (after the update or whatever). in essence, the league would die. WIS would lose all kinds of customers from this happening. Is this what they really want?

i think they're fine with chuckleheads like gin_caesar who spend their day posting in the forums and not driving the site's revenue. why cater to people who love and care certain aspects of their product that actually make money for their fledgling business? swell plan, guys.

think about it - what kind of consumer is more important to WIS? gin_caesar or emonk/chester/monkee? a 5th grader in DECA could answer that question.
2/9/2010 8:36 PM
This is a fun trip.

Kinda shows why we have grown to dislike and have great distaste for the admins.  This is the last time seble was this interested in the sim.
8/29/2013 1:11 AM
Three things stand out to me:

1)  Seble is still an incompetent dick who goes for YEARS without ever saying or doing anything.
2)  It appears that myself and a couple of others really went empty on our threat to leave... lol
3)  There are a ton of old school guys that HAVE left... and it wasn't over some ******* in the forums, it was inattention to the product.

I felt myself actually getting ****** again just reading through this...

8/29/2013 4:08 AM
Wow, this was a crazy thread. As someone who is still new to WIS, can't believe I hadnt heard of it over the years, it's interesting to go back and read previous posts (didn't know threre was a moderator/programmer/etc). I'm still in the beginner stages ash, but I was wandering what changes you would like to see in the sim.
8/29/2013 9:35 PM
why did they decide to let him back on the site?

8/29/2013 9:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.