WHA Teams & Players Topic

Reading comprehension is a useful skill:

10/4/2010 2:14 PM
mwelch
Site Staff
I know it's been a while since I've posted an update on this, so I just wanted to let you all know where we stand.  As you all know, our simulation engine is mathematically driven.  The more stats we have the better.  Unfortunately, a lot of stats for the WHA players are not available, therefore we have to estimate them to make them compatible with the simulator.  Making sure this is done correctly is critical to insuring that they perform as accurately as possible.  We no longer employ a full-time statistician, so I'm having to learn all of this on my own.  I'll fully admit that I am more of an engineer than a mathematician, so this is taking longer than I hoped.  Also, I've been recently called on as lead developer for two demanding projects for our parent site, foxsports.com.  As of now, I am scheduled to wrap up on these by the end of this month.  Then I should have at least some time to get back into the WHA players.  I'll post another update when the time approaches.  Thanks for the continued support and patience!
10/6/2010 9:16 AM
My first time seeing this, I am a big WHA fan(I actually saw the N.Y. Golden Blades play the L.A. Sharks at Madison Square Garden), I look forward to this addition.
10/12/2010 7:06 PM
any update on this mwelch?
12/30/2010 6:32 PM
Posted by Poddy on 12/30/2010 6:32:00 PM (view original):
any update on this mwelch?
yeah, what he said.  :>
6/20/2011 6:24 PM
so hire a friggin' statistician...lol
7/3/2011 9:20 PM
I'd like to see the WHA-ers play but the way the stats are handled needs to be offset for how poor the defensive play was in that league.
9/20/2011 8:31 AM
GO JETS GO !
10/16/2011 10:12 AM
Posted by SAKABAKBRG on 10/6/2010 9:16:00 AM (view original):
Reading comprehension is a useful skill:

10/4/2010 2:14 PM
mwelch
Site Staff
I know it's been a while since I've posted an update on this, so I just wanted to let you all know where we stand.  As you all know, our simulation engine is mathematically driven.  The more stats we have the better.  Unfortunately, a lot of stats for the WHA players are not available, therefore we have to estimate them to make them compatible with the simulator.  Making sure this is done correctly is critical to insuring that they perform as accurately as possible.  We no longer employ a full-time statistician, so I'm having to learn all of this on my own.  I'll fully admit that I am more of an engineer than a mathematician, so this is taking longer than I hoped.  Also, I've been recently called on as lead developer for two demanding projects for our parent site, foxsports.com.  As of now, I am scheduled to wrap up on these by the end of this month.  Then I should have at least some time to get back into the WHA players.  I'll post another update when the time approaches.  Thanks for the continued support and patience!
Wow, it's been 2 years since Mike Welch wrote the above post. That is absolutely embarrassing. 
10/5/2012 5:00 PM
does Mike Welch even work for Fox anymore let alone WIS
10/9/2012 5:54 PM
doesn't matter. WIS has treated hockey so bad all the long time users are starting to fade away... They will wait till no one plays then just shut it down for more important projects... like the soccer sim they run for free.
10/15/2012 8:09 PM
Saw this today  

WhatIfSports.com: Careers

Open Positions Build the games you love to play!

Last Updated: February 11, 2013

At WhatIfSports (a division of FOX Sports Interactive Media), we are building industry leading fantasy games, and sports content for both WhatIfSports.com & FOXSports.com. Software, games & sports - the trifecta of awesomeness. And we want you to join the team!

We the best and the results show. Our games on What If continue to define the sports sim industry and we have rebuilt the fantasy experience on FOX the last three years.

To us, engineering and product drive the company. As a result, we provide a fantastic work environment:

• Challenging tasks with product responsibility
  • Creative input - everyone has a say in game features and technical solutions
  • Always working on latest technologies
  • Casual, non-corporate work environment
  • Flexibile work hours
  • Work-from-home Fridays
  • Highly talented team to learn from

So, check out the . If you're motivated, talented, and think the position is a good fit for you, we want to hear from you. Otherwise, please share with others.

2/12/2013 7:29 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
WHA Teams & Players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.