Non Contributor Years in Progressives Topic

I was never n a hurry with my Progressive Teams, So I was happy to land players whose payoff was several seasons down the road.

2/21/2013 5:14 PM (edited)
I'll ditto that....

I always look for the players with the most good seasons.  If I have to wait for them, then I do.  For example, I've owned C Johnny Bassler in multiple progressive leagues.  He plays a bit in 1914, then goes on IR until 1921.  But when he returns, he's a .400 OBP A arm catcher for 7 years.  I usually get him with a late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick (Dual season progressives).

Similarly, I've no issue drafting a Brady Anderson, or a Terry Mulholland.  I know I can always find a scrub to fill in until they're ready. 

I only play 2 season progressives, though.  .
2/22/2013 9:50 AM
I not only agree with biglenr and ooooohdoggiie (excuse me I always forget how many o s there are in your name here), but I would add that  where there is space on the roster or in leagues where you can draft more than 25 I like to draft second string players that can have one or two key productive years and fill out a team. 

I have Bob Johnson, in his last real part time season now in 1967, when he hit .348 in RL - he is hitting near .400 and platooning at 1B against LH pitchers. Every once in a while these kind of guys will win a game for you with a walk off HR and you feel like it was worth the wait to keep them around as back ups for 2-3 seasons, especially in a divisional race. 
2/22/2013 10:50 AM
◂ Prev 12
Non Contributor Years in Progressives Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.