You don’t know Bo Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By pirateswin2 on 6/14/2010you gonna quit the other worlds you commish if a trade goes through with an extra 90k

the trade would have been vetoed in those worlds because the owners want the same quality as mike
6/15/2010 8:44 AM
and the bottom line that no one should dispute is:

a rule was broken. that is what started all of this.

some owners keep calling it a 'mistake' and that's how they justify it. 'it'll get better', they say. that's fine. we'll see if it actually does get better.

you guys claimed to want a commish that would clean the world up. by sticking the letter of the laws (that supposedly were agreed to by the owners), that is what mike was attempting to do. most of you are willing to 'let one slide' and that is why mike couldn't stay. and why other owners . there's no point in trying to fix something that doesn't want to be fixed. it's better to just move on and consider it a loss.
6/15/2010 8:54 AM
Pirates win

Philly fan.

Might as well make your user name "drooling moron"
6/15/2010 8:57 AM
I'm ashamed to be a native of Pennsylvania because of these two.
6/15/2010 9:00 AM
Don't. We know that you're just a moron.
6/15/2010 9:01 AM
Thanks. That does help.
6/15/2010 9:04 AM
Here you go.  You didn't look hard/I'm bored.
5/6/2013 2:41 PM
???
5/6/2013 3:49 PM
Nevermind.  Me vs. Bolt. 
5/6/2013 3:54 PM
3 years later, I'm a less angry person.

But my analysis is spot on.
5/6/2013 4:35 PM
whoa, what a thread.  Is this the only thread battle MikeT23 didnt come out on top?
5/7/2013 4:43 PM
Don't let my lack of vitriol trick you into thinking I "lost".   

I wasn't bothered by the fact that the world didn't want to play by the rules they agreed to before I took over as commish.  My upfront free team demand covered that eventuality.   Other than a couple of dumbasses not understanding a public fight wouldn't help their world, I felt bad for pretty much everyone that joined because I was commish.  They "wasted" a season.   So I was trying to do as little "damage" as possible on my way out in case any wanted to stay.  And I felt bad for the handful of previous owners who did want to improve BJ.   
5/7/2013 5:01 PM
Sorry I brought this back up, Mike.  I should have read a little more of the thread before I bumped it.
5/7/2013 5:12 PM
No big deal.   But I feel bad that BJ is presented and represented so poorly in this thread.   I wasn't mad at anyone in particular.  I figured it would fail.   You can't make people be in a world with rules if they don't want to be in a world with rules.  One owners asked me and it was a three week process before I took the commish job.   I wanted them to understand what they were getting and agree to it.   In theory, they did.   And they didn't like it. 
5/7/2013 5:37 PM
FWIW, axtell must be doing a pretty good job.   This happened in S14, three years ago, and they just started S25.   So they could have only rolled 12 times.   He's filled the world pretty quickly between seasons after taking the job when no one else would step up.
5/7/2013 5:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16
You don’t know Bo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.