ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Do you ever use regular season splits to make in season line up decisions? If not, do you use this information for anything?
2/1/2013 12:48 AM
All the time after about 40 games.  I won't bench my best hitter because he's hitting .208 VL and his back-up, in 30 AB, is hitting .412 but I do move players up/down in the order. 
2/1/2013 7:53 AM
They say bad things happen in three's.  Two people I know have broken their left wrist within the past week.  Should I be worried for myself?
2/2/2013 9:25 AM
If I sign a FA with no options for extra depth and injury protection, and am afraid he would be taken off waivers if I waived him (in order to stash him on my AAA team), how long can I keep him unassigned?
2/2/2013 9:48 AM
Mike and anyone else I would love to here people's thoughts on batting order and what you look for where....
2/2/2013 10:16 AM
No.  I recommend doing everything lefthanded including slapping fate in the face.

10 RL days. 

OBP in the first 3, power in the next two and best hitters left 6-9.
2/2/2013 2:30 PM
so you say arm matters most for rf. and i think range matters most for cf. what matters most for 2b? 3b? what attributes can 'make up for' lower defensive ratings at those positions?
2/2/2013 9:07 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Robin Petersen changed my thoughts on 2B.  I never felt 70 glove was good enough.   He falls short in the recs in everything but range and, quite frankly, he's pretty damn good at 2B.  So I say "range" for 2B.     I don't have the same feel for 3B but Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jeff Dreifort has had to play there more than I'd like and he sucks.   He's getting plenty of negative plays and errors despite exceeding arm/range recs.    So I'd go with "glove". 
2/2/2013 9:23 PM

Players in this sim with top end skills perform very consistently.  Players I'd call more replacement level seem to perform with hot and cold streaks, sometimes even having good and bad seasons.  Do you think this is just perception based on sample sizes from arbitrary start and end points, or a result of some sort of programming?

2/3/2013 9:56 AM
SSS.   Flip a coin 10 times.   You should get 5 heads/5 tails assuming the probabilites are exact but you might get 9 heads.   Flip the same coin 100 times.  You're far less likely to hit heads 90% of the time now.
2/3/2013 10:36 AM
Have I been utilizing this guy correctly?
2/3/2013 2:14 PM
It's probably just a few more innings, I think you could get 140-150, but I'd use him as a starter.   Set the PC at 60-70 and I think you could get 30ish starts from him.
2/3/2013 2:39 PM
How dreadful would  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Hal Brooks be as a full-time CF? My SS, 2B and C can all hit, so he'd be my "weak" bat on an NL squad.
2/4/2013 8:32 AM
I have the #3 pick in the draft from not signing last seasons #2 pick. If I don't sign someone again, will I get another type D next season (#4 OVR.). Or can you not get a Type D pick from a pick that is already a Type D pick?
2/5/2013 11:17 AM
◂ Prev 1...696|697|698|699|700...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.