ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1) Is there a ratings combination that would indicate a "Nolan Ryan" type pitcher, ie lots of walks and strikeouts, and fewer balls in play?

2) Is there a benefit to playing guys "above" their likely final position in the minors? For example, if I have a guy who projects to be a LF, will his defensive ratings develop more if I play him at CF in the minors?

3/4/2013 11:58 AM (edited)
Follow-up, what about playing a guy "below" his projected position? Say I have 2 future SS who are both in AA, would I be hurting development by playing one at CF?
3/4/2013 12:05 PM
What would your opinion be on keeping Felix May ?  The guy hits a  **** ton of home runs, but he also strikes out a lot.  I primarily start him at first (I'm in the NL) against lefties and as a pinch hitter.  He wants $3.4 million a year for 2 years.
3/7/2013 6:37 PM
Depends on your payroll situation.   3.4m is a lot for 220 AB(more or less).  But, if you can afford it within your budget, he does produce something worth having.
3/7/2013 6:41 PM
If I designate somebody without waivers, can I add them back to my ML roster after roster expansion in a couple of days?
3/8/2013 6:25 AM
I don't really think you can go wrong but I'd start Lee in the pen.

I'd probably need to see the player to answer that correctly but I think it's 10 HBD days like when you send them to the minors.  Otherwise, owners would use that as a way to create extra BL roster spots.   Blow up a pitcher, designate, call up another, blow up call-up, assign first pitcher back to BL roster.   Ask 'motown in MG.  He used the loophole for awhile and they closed it.
3/8/2013 9:41 AM
It's a AAAA player who is out of options in Coop.  Called him up as a 15-day injury replacement.  Placed him on reversable waivers right away so that I could send him back down when my starter comes off the DL.  Problem is, somebody claimed him.

My thought was: can I designate him to take him off the ML roster when my starter returns, wait until roster expansion in a couple of days, and then add him back to the ML roster (assuming I can't work out a deal with the claiming owner)?
3/8/2013 10:03 AM
Have you ever had a DITR starting pitcher with sucsess in the majors? If so, could you link him?
3/8/2013 11:36 AM
◂ Prev 1...702|703|704|705|706...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.