ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How big of a difference does pitch calling make concerning catchers?
4/29/2013 4:06 PM
It's old data but 10 points equated to about .125 in ERA when I ran the numbers.   PC is a modifier for OAV.   It will vary based on parks/defense/pitching.   The difference between 55 and 65 is hardly noticeable due to random variation from season to season.   The difference between 55 and 85 will always show up. 
4/29/2013 4:24 PM

During the preseason I very carefully assigned defensive/rest replacements to help with fatigue, then 50 games into the season I notice that 2 of my 4 bench players have an 'R' next to their name instead of a 'B'. Doh! Does this ever happen to you?

4/29/2013 4:52 PM
No.  I monitor usage pretty regularly.    I figure, if I've got a guy not playing, that I can find someone better.  
4/29/2013 4:53 PM
Is there any reason that an NL team will carry 22 players on their 25 man roster, 12 of which are pitchers, besides tanking?
4/30/2013 7:41 AM
They could be in a payroll hole.  Meaning they can't afford to add more players.   Or they might be waiting for the 20 games to call up players.   Either way, they mismanaged or are currently mismanaging their team.
4/30/2013 7:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...716|717|718|719|720...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.