ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Do you believe in some players living a charmed career? There are some players who's stats just seem to consistently overachieve their ratings. I tend to put 67% stock in ratings, and 33% stock in stats. Am I just fooling myself? Should I strictly go by ratings alone? (I guess that's 3 questions.)
5/9/2013 7:14 PM
I don't believe in charmed careers.   When all is said and done, and the career is over, I can't think of a player that made me go "WTF?"    That does not hold true to individual seasons.    I build my team based on ratings.    I make in-season adjustments based on stats.   Hope that answers your questions.
5/9/2013 7:23 PM
regarding amateur draft- do you just draft best available or do you have a certain number of each position type you want first regardless of talent level?
5/10/2013 8:14 AM
I draft best available since they created tryout camp position players.   If I'm lacking at a specific position like C or SS, I'll set my draft setting at 2-C, 23-ANY.  If not, it's 25-ANY. 
5/10/2013 8:22 AM
Have you ever had a pitcher play another position at the Major League level in the roster expansion portion of the season?
5/10/2013 10:28 AM
I haven't but it could happen.   Some owners paint themselves in cap hell corner and can't do many, if any, call-ups.   Run out of positio players due to subs, and then an injury, it will happen.
5/10/2013 10:32 AM
Today is the day that I was supposed to report for my orders to Afghanistan.  I found out in March (after having the orders for about 5 months) that my orders had been canceled.... what should I be doing this afternoon?  Is getting drunk at home with my wife good enough?
5/10/2013 8:00 PM

You should be killing Nazis.   Oh, wait, wrong era.   Yeah, drinking with the wife is fine.   You can kill some Nazis tomorrow.

5/10/2013 8:20 PM
Any chance this guy can playin the outfield? Where would he do the least damage?

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2570596
5/10/2013 8:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...719|720|721|722|723...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.