ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

73 glove at SS is a deal-breaker.   Of course, if he carries a big bat, I might tolerate the errors if his plus plays can match them.

I haven't checked the DOMA thread is 3 days or so but the Martin thread is being dominated by a major dumbass(and it's not you!).

84-78, win division by 12 games.

I would assume alcoholic or crackhead mommas.
7/19/2013 8:22 AM
Will playing a prospect at DH in the minors inhibit their defensive ratings from progressing?
7/19/2013 11:48 AM
There are currently 83 openings in 15 private HBD worlds. At what point will WIS begin to shut worlds down to meet the demand (or lack of it)? Do you have any creative marketing ideas for those commissioners to fill their worlds quicker?
7/19/2013 11:50 AM
Trying to build a team in a theme league for the baseball SIM where you use one player per season for 25 consecutive seasons. I have found several options. Two are pitching heavy clubs with a below average lineup and average fielding. The other is more balanced; decent lineup and pitching but "A" ranger or better at all fielding positions. The payroll is $90M and the two pitching heavy clubs have about $50M tied up in the staff.

What do you suggest I do?

7/19/2013 11:59 AM
I don't think so.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Matt Coghlan hardly uses his glove and is progressing defensively.    Some disagree.

WifS isn't going to shut down worlds.   Having a strong, solid world is the best marketing. 
7/19/2013 12:04 PM
So the world I am in that has 11 openings and could take months to fill will never be considered for contraction?
7/19/2013 12:19 PM
Can Wayne Easterly  and  R.J. Paniagua platoon all season and be a viable catching combo?

How valuable is Michel Iglesias ? I am looking to deal him but I don't feel like I'm getting the right value for him, however I may be highballing him.
7/19/2013 1:20 PM
The last time they did something along that line was to offer the remaining owners a credit of some sort.    I don't remember how it turned out but I think it was supposed to be unanimous and it wasn't.    I think they ended up merging two worlds that have 12-15 openings.

I'd platoon them as long as I accepted I wasn't going to get any massive amount of production from the plate. 

Very valuable.   I doubt I'd even consider trading him.   Lots of quality innings under control for quite some time.
7/19/2013 1:25 PM
The heat in the NYC Metro area has been oppressive this week. What should I expect to see when my electric comes in from LIPA next month?
7/19/2013 7:09 PM
What do you make of The Chosen One's comments on the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case today?
7/19/2013 7:10 PM
If you've been staying cool, a bigass bill.

Seems to me he should STFU about it.  One would think he's got other things to worry over.
7/20/2013 7:29 AM
My HBD teams have a stunning lack of success. I've read the HBD forum and see information that you and others have posted using spreadhseets and formulas to try to put the best team together. I'm more of a slacker, just take a quick look at the ratings and go with it.

Am I missing out? How difficult is it to use strategies you employ?
7/20/2013 7:32 AM

Once you devise a formula, it's just as simple as a copy/paste onto your spreadsheet.   But it isn't a be all to end all.    I've got better players in AAA, according to my formula, than in the BL on all my teams.   There's still a "feel" to it.   But the spreadsheet makes it easier to sort the entire organization with one click. 

7/20/2013 8:12 AM
Which is the best to use? I would like to dump my teams data into it and see how things look.
7/20/2013 8:35 AM
Would you play a Lefty at 2B if his defensive ratings are 10+ higher than the next best option?
7/20/2013 4:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...743|744|745|746|747...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.