ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

i have a supplemental first round pick who refuses to sign. do i get a replacement pick next season for him?
8/20/2013 8:54 AM
You're not supposed to but people have shown examples of getting one. 
8/20/2013 9:25 AM
I have heard that if I reject a player's arbitration at the start of the season and release him to free agency, he's not eligible for a comp pick.  Correct? 

If I release him before rollover, would that make him eligible for a comp pick if no one picks him up and he starts next season as a free agent?

And if I have a non-arb player who I'm letting walk, if I release him before rollover do I lose eligibility for a comp pick?

8/20/2013 4:38 PM
Pretty sure you do not get comp picks for released players under any scenario.
8/20/2013 8:00 PM
Let's say weird **** happens and I win the WS in Mantle.

Because tec runs the league, I'm unclear whether that's a TW trophy or legit. What say you?
8/21/2013 11:00 AM
It is not.  It would be a legit championship.   No, wait, you're in the 'tarded up AL.  So you'd only have to beat one legit team in a 7 game series.   Yeah, for you, TW championship.   Too bad you're not in the NL where the good owners are.
8/21/2013 11:02 AM
"Designate him(with waivers).   It's a game flaw but when a player clears waivers and refuses a minor league assignment, you can designate him and he'll go."

I recently did this accidentally and while on waivers the player lost his arb case.  There's now nothing showing in the dropdown when I attempt to assign him.  Will he eventually just be released when DFA period is up or will I be able to assign him to AAA at some point?  Thanks.
8/21/2013 5:24 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Posiedon Towers  I see no reason why you can't assign him to AAA right now.
8/21/2013 7:29 PM
I thought so too, but it won't let me.  There's no options for assignment in the dropdown box.  It says this in the white part:  Posiedon Towers may not be assigned back to the big league team since he was designated for assignment. You may trade him, release him, or assign him to a minor league club if he clears waivers and accepts the demotion.

I'm guessing he's refusing the demotion?  It's the only thing I can figure.  I'm planning to wait until the 10 DFA days are up and see what happens.

Obviously in retrospect I should have just cut him instead of putting him on waivers, but now that I owe him 2.3 mil either way I'd like to keep him around if possible.

8/21/2013 8:32 PM

Assign him back to your BL club and designate with waivers again.   I'm guessing the auto-arb reset the process. 

8/22/2013 7:00 AM (edited)
do you know how much an amateur draft player will raise his demands usually when he thinks about it first then comes back and says he'll sign but only for more $?
8/22/2013 10:14 AM
I've seen more than 100%.   I don't know the exact wording "continue college career", "play pro hockey", etc, etc. but I've seen the #3, which is 3.8m or so, ask for more than 8m.
8/22/2013 10:23 AM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Megias

Was I crazy to expect more than a .270 average for this guy?  Even though he hit .280 last season , he hit much worse that year but had a solid week or two to get to .280. 
8/24/2013 9:01 AM
Will you now publicly recant your Seattle in 3 prediction?
8/24/2013 10:12 AM
I'd think he'd hit better than he has.    S25 looks about right to me.

No.  You'll find a way.
8/24/2013 3:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...752|753|754|755|756...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.