ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Did you realize that the U.S. was facing a national clown shortage?
2/19/2014 9:02 AM
My initial thought would be "yes".  However, I went to "Wrigleyfest" some years ago and met a few dozen of the users.   Seemed like pretty normal people.   But I'm sure plenty of losers frequent this site.
2/19/2014 9:21 AM

Heard it on the radio yesterday. 

2/19/2014 9:21 AM
Mike and Mike?
2/19/2014 9:38 AM

One of the morning ESPN shows.

2/19/2014 9:47 AM
Are all of the morning ESPN shows basically the same thing regurgitated?
2/19/2014 1:32 PM
Not really.   M&M are sort of the friendly neighbor talking about the issues/games.   Cowherd is the ******* at the bar picking the most controversial issue, taking the side that the majority will not and proceeding to tell you why you're wrong.   SVP and Russilo are two guys talking sports and trying to take opposite sides when they don't really feel that way. 
2/19/2014 2:49 PM
My HBD is a disaster. It seems as if my hitting is always in top 3, pitching in bottom 3, and fielding average or below for my side of the ledger. Does playing in Montreal really affect these numbers?

Would it benefit me to go with power pitchers to lessen the fielding chances and hits allowed?
2/23/2014 7:25 AM
Montreal will make it tougher for your pitchers but my guess is your weak D is causing more problems than the park.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Dustan Beimel shouldn't be allowed anywhere near SS.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Junior Velazquez could get by at 2B but shouldn't be in CF.   Fix those two spots and your pitching will be better.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: John Simpkins would be GG-quality in CF and you don't lose anything at the plate.
2/23/2014 8:28 AM
2/23/2014 8:42 AM
Mieses and Kerr.   But there is little difference between Rosario and Mieses. 
2/23/2014 9:39 AM
Thank you for the words of wisdom regarding my HBD team. I do have one follow up question.

Assuming I find a capable SS and move Beimel to 3B, Wood to LF, Simpkins to CF, and Velazquez to 2B - where does Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ryan Jennings go? RF??

2/23/2014 7:16 PM
AAA.   He could be a bad 2B or a good LF or even a passable RF.   However, he doesn't carry a COF bat.  You could keep him around as a utility player but he shouldn't be a BL starter.

As an added comment, you shouldn't skimp on D at SS/CF.   If you have to sacrifice a bat to do it, I always go that route.   If either of them have double digit negative plays, do something else.
2/23/2014 7:42 PM (edited)
which do you prefer more, HBD-centric questions, random nonsense questions?
2/23/2014 8:41 PM

Doesn't matter.   It began as HBD questions.

2/24/2014 6:47 AM
◂ Prev 1...785|786|787|788|789...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.