ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Hey Mike,
If one of your leagues has an opening would you consider me as an owner? I know I suck at HBD, but I have never tried to lose, and always try to field the most competitive team I can.
5/22/2015 2:16 PM
I went thru this with easye7272 earlier.   I try to keep owners who suck at HBD out.   They get MWR'd and leave behind a mess for the next guy.   Also, if you were applying for a job, I'd suggest not saying "Yes, sir.  I suck at that sort of thing but I'll try really hard!!!!"
5/22/2015 3:31 PM
not that it matters but i 've never had a MWR problem. I also doubt I'd try to get in one of your leagues. I know what an ******* you are, right?
I was just curious as to what your answer would be.
5/22/2015 6:15 PM
So if you had a bad season or series of seasons ages ago it's impossible to get into a MikeT league?
5/22/2015 6:54 PM
You saw my answer. 

It doesn't help.   "Series of seasons" sounds like a tank job.   A bad season, standing alone, isn't so bad.
5/22/2015 7:35 PM
If you see an IFA or amateur draft prospect with a small differential between current and projections in key categories (splits for a pitcher, contact/splits for a hitter), does that typically mean the actual projections will be higher? So, pitcher with 55 current RH/LH split and 65 projected RH/LH split... Are you thinking bad prospect or projections are way off? Assume 18/19 yrs old vs 21/22 and reasonable scouting.
5/23/2015 7:43 PM
It's sort of a "feel" process.  I'm not sure I can give a global answer.    If I see an 18 y/o with 55/65, I certainly think it's achievable.   Show me a 22 y/o with the same and I'm not necessarily skeptical but I'm less impressed. 
5/23/2015 7:53 PM
Trading cash for prospects, would you veto such a trade?
5/24/2015 8:41 AM
Not a fan of buying/selling players. 
5/24/2015 8:54 AM
Just picked up a team with rotation pitchers and prospects who have great splits but no control. I've always avoided these guys like the plague. How good do the rest of the ratings have to be to cancel the bad control out?
5/24/2015 9:29 AM
Tacking on to mbrise's question, will control only effect the number of walks or will it effect any other stats?
5/24/2015 10:26 AM
I guess it depends on what you consider "no control".   I routinely have mid-40s/low 50s pitcher(s) on my staff because a lot of owners avoid them "like the plague".    I get good results with 70+ splits and a P1/2 that totals 150+. 
5/24/2015 10:29 AM
WHIP will be higher but, if he's good enough, his ERA will be fine.   But they will be inconsistent.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Angel Owen is the example I use most often.   He was with me in Scottsdale.  ERA was well below league average, in a hitter's park to boot, the first two seasons and he had a meltdown in season 3. 
5/24/2015 11:08 AM
Does it annoy you that there seems to be a lot of people who don't seem to know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day?
5/24/2015 9:22 PM
Are there really people who don't know the difference?

I mean, it's right there in the names. One is to honor Veterans, and the other is for Memorializing the fallen. Also, Memorial Day is kind of a huge holiday right at the beginning of summer; kinda hard to miss that one.
5/24/2015 10:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...917|918|919|920|921...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.