We will be releasing a major update to Gridiron Dynasty on November 9th (UPDATE: please see below)! This update brings a revamped and expanded game engine. We've changed everything from depth charts, to clock and game management, to the play-by-play. We've even improved the performance to get game results posted more quickly!
Here's a quick rundown of the highlights:
- The depth chart options have been expanded on offense including fullbacks, short yardage back, third down back, and slot receiver to go along with QB, RB, WR1, WR2, TE, and OL positions. The defense splits the positions into DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, and S.
- A more realistic game clock and play timing along with improved clock management.
- Game management is more realistic with improved 4th down decision making.
- Player formation IQs are more important in influencing player performance.
- Player experience is introduced as another factor in player performance.
- More game details have been added to the boxscore and play-by-play.
- More stats have been added at both the player and team levels.
- How will the update impact my current teams?
- Your teams will be largely unchanged. You'll have the same players, recruits, game plans, etc. The biggest change you'll notice is with your depth charts. Your depth charts will be automatically copied over to the new expaned depth chart. After this is done, you'll want to take a few minutes to make sure the players are set the way you would like before your next game.
- Will the update impact worlds in progress?
- Yes. All worlds will be updated at the same time.
- Will the worlds remain on the same schedules they are on now? Will there be down time?
- It is our hope that we will be able to maintain these schedules as we realize they are important to many of our coaches and therefore there is no planned down time. The downside to this is that you will have less time to familiarize yourself with the depth chart and make changes prior to your next game.
- Will volunteers be used to do some testing before the release?
- No. Our current plan is to do all the testing internally. We've developed numerous automated and manual test tools and have been testing and calibrating the game engine every step of the way. Since we can't give access to these test tools to volunteers, we've decided it is best and most efficient to keep things in house.
We know you’ll have many more questions, so keep an eye out for a developer chat as we get closer to the release on November 9th to go over the changes and answer those questions.
10/27/2010 11:38 AM (edited)