What do you think the odds of a Yankee come back Topic

Well as they have won the first of the three they need,And like you they are the Yankees & the Rays won both games in Texas.Why don't you put me down for about 33 1/3

10/21/2010 6:52 PM
Given that the teams are fairly equal, though TX would have the slight edge in the game 6 matchup, so we'll say this game goes from a 50/50 shot to a 52/48. Then, with Lee on Saturday we'll just say 55/45 in favor of TX, that would put the overall series odds at ~20% for a NY comeback.

My numbers were estimates, but close enough to work with. You could probably get actual odds to the 2nd decimal point for each game and get the actual numbers. But, if anything, I think I probably fudged a little in NYs favor.
10/21/2010 11:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Rooting for the Yankers is like rooting for the IRS to get more money out of your paycheck. I remember days when there weren't 1,000 people in the Stadium to see them play, and I give George credit for building an empire, but It is like crowing how well you do here with an extra 50m compared to everyone else. Nice if you are the guy with the extra money, not nice for everyone else.
10/23/2010 10:25 AM
zero
10/23/2010 3:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How is it good for the game to have the two smaller-market teams make the WS?  As much as it helps lend some "feel-good" sense of a slightly lesser lack of parity in the league, the fact remains that big-market teams playing deep in the playoffs brings more viewers and more money to MLB.
10/24/2010 6:50 PM
What do you think the odds of a Yankee come back Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.