JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

Posted by plague on 11/17/2010 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by plague on 11/17/2010 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:09:00 AM (view original):
The update is new give them time to fix the bugs.
Some of these bugs is going to decide who wins the National Championship.
It's just a game?  Honestly does winning the GD National Championship give you any personal gratification outside the Whatifsports community?  Do you stand in line at a restaurant or at the DMV and complain about the line because you won the GD National Championship?
WTF you talking about. If I wanted to go to a restaurant I will go to a restaurant. If I am going to play a game I am going to play to win. I didn't  spend hours recruiting so I can have some screw up recruiting or some jerk telling me it's just a game.
11/17/2010 10:52 AM
Hey, I was winning at half time this morning when i left for work. I thought i would investigate the new engine a little closer at work and now noticed i'm losing. How do you lose points during halftime? I had 2 huge plays that just dissappeared, like they never happened, after they were documented. Crazy, and really not that fun all of a sudden.
11/17/2010 11:18 AM
They've simmed the first half about 3 times now.
11/17/2010 2:17 PM
I echo many of the feelings here. I am out  - best of luck everyone.  Very disappointing indeed...
11/17/2010 3:13 PM
Posted by cravedogg on 11/17/2010 7:09:00 AM (view original):
Dude, what did you all do?  Tell me it is early, tell me we have only seen 1 half of football, but I can tell you I know how to play this game well enough that I am afraid you guys might of made some signficant errors with the new SIM Engine.  The new SIM engine reminds me of the very first SIM Engine for GD.  The new game has eliminated a lot of strategy and basically made the game very basic.  There just doesn't seem to be a lot strategy with the new version.  Hows about bringing back the different depth charts for each formation, that alone would be a nice improvement and add a lot more strategy and control to the game.  Give me something because I feel like GD completely eliminated any advance strategies for the game.

Along those same lines, I'm a crusty old vet who has won championships across several iterations of the game engine.  I've been playing since season 2, so I've been around just about as long as anyone.  I've seen lots of change throughout that time--updates to the game engine, tweaks that the Admins have made to "correct" something that was perceived as being out of balance in game play.

Each time, I've been forced to 'relearn' the game, make adjustments, and figure things out anew.  Every single time these type of changes have been implemented, it has resulted in a drastic "over-correction" of the problem it has intended to rectify, often necessitating a subsequent readjustment by the Admins.  Also, every single significant update of the game has resulted in NEW unintended problems / issues / loopholes in the way the game plays.

Given how the strategic component seems to have been removed from game play--I'm not sure that I'm interested in relearning how to play this game for a fourth time.  It is very, very telling that the [few] supporters of the change seem to be some of the least accomplished coaches out there.

Too bad--Gridiron Dynasty was a fun game to play.  Not sure how any of the implemented changes can be viewed as an improvement over the previous engine.  Not one--across the board.

11/17/2010 4:51 PM (edited)
I've been contemplating leaving for a while and this mornings absurdity helped push me to decide to quit and play out my remaining credits. For those of you staying I have no doubt that you will figure out the new engine and things will settle down, I just don't have the time or the will to try and learn a whole new system. GL to everyone who is staying around.
11/17/2010 4:58 PM
Just a little blast from the past on how the current engine was received. Note the criticisms of lack of control and randomness. Granted Norbert attempted to make band-aid fixes, but this engine was critically flawed from the start. At least we are getting a chance to beta test this time.
2/28/2013 8:57 PM
LOL I think this is the furthest back I have seen someone dig up a forum topic
2/28/2013 10:47 PM
No doubt.
2/28/2013 11:09 PM
Too bad that it doesn't show how many people left the game because of this update. Lots of them. People who played this game from day one.
2/28/2013 11:13 PM
3/1/2013 9:28 AM
So happy I got out after the last update. Seems like this one is even worse. Less planning/more luck is never a way to run a product. I will stick with Hardball.
3/2/2013 8:53 AM
I tried HBD once, but the learning curve is very steep. And the vets in the world I was in not only didn't help, they misled me.
3/2/2013 5:44 PM
I agree, HBD seems very hard to learn.
3/2/2013 10:06 PM
◂ Prev 12345
JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.