Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

Recruit #5- Clarence Brower

I think Brower is going to be a stud SF.  Although he won't have the LP/Per of first round draft pick Emmett Vedder, he should have similar ATH/SPD/REB/DEF.  He'll also be a better ball handler and passer.  Brower won't start his freshman season, which might impair his development with his lowly 33 WE, but he should be the starter his sophomore year.

4/23/2011 3:20 PM
Recruit #6: William Look

Look was obviously the big prize from this class.  I had to spend nearly 60k to beat out USC, but Look is finally headed to Nevada.  He'll only be at school for 2 years, but he should be a huge contributor both year.  He'll start at PF this year and, when paired with Abdeldayden, should be part of one of the best front courts in the country.  Also, he's by far the highest rated player I've ever brought in to Nevada.  He comes into the WCC with an overall rating 20 points higher than anyone else and 65 points higher than the next best junior.

4/23/2011 5:18 PM (edited)
Wittig was one of my top targets, but I think I got a backup message, and then you were on him and I obviously can't compete with your prestige now. You're right though, he should be an outstanding player. 
4/25/2011 5:37 PM
Recruit #1: Keith McGlothlin
Our first recruit this year failed to gather a ranking at his position out of high school, but at Nevada we saw him as a top notch prospect and expect big things from him.  He won't be Michael Rembert, Johnny Lyall, or even Larry Glenn, but he should be a solid point guard who can really defend the top of the zone.

5/24/2011 8:25 PM
Recruit #2: Michael Flynn
I ultimately chose Flynn over Florida product Grover Jenkins.  Jenkins is a superior athlete and rebounder, but Flynn's ability to score was just too much to pass up.  This guy should have 70+ athleticism with 100 LP and 50 Per, which should make him a huge scoring threat in the WCC.  I can't wait to unleash Flynn.

5/24/2011 8:34 PM
Recruit #3: John Adamo
I was very pleased with the signing of Adamo.  He won't be athletically superior to a lot of his counter parts, but he should be extremely fundamentally sound.  He does have high-high potential in LP, so the combo of Adamo and Flynn should scare a lot of WCC coaches in a couple years.  When athletic freak Leonard Meredith (recruit #4, yet to sign) ultimately does sign on to play SF, the triple towers will be a force to be reckoned with.  

5/24/2011 8:40 PM
Recruit #4: Leonard Meredith
I had to fight off sim controlled Eastern Washington and then Marquette for Meredith, but he was certainly worth it.  Coming in, he'll be the second best athlete on the team, trailing only big-time NBA prospect William Look.  Meredith was promised a start so he'll be our starting PF this year.  This year we'll focus on his Spd/Per/BH/Pass development so he can be an effective SF when next year rolls around.  Since William Look will be RSing, we should have one of the best SF/PF/C combos in the country next season, although it will sure be a struggle this year.

5/25/2011 1:48 PM
wow, you're RSing Look?

Interesting, but after a second look, he'll be your lone senior, and he'd be wasted, for what looks like, a somewhat average year for Nevada. 

Good strategy, you'll be locked and loaded next year. 

Any fear he'll go ahead and go pro (not sure if that has ever happened) or get mad and transfer?

5/25/2011 9:26 PM
No fear that he'll go pro after a RS year and guys can get mad when they are RS'd, but their WE drops (not too concerned about that) and there is no threat of transfer.  
5/26/2011 3:29 PM
After a 23-3 regular season, we got the CT final only to lose a close game to Gonzaga (who ended up being a 6 seed).  We went into the NT as an at-large, one of the few mid-majors to do so.  As an 11 seed, we drew 6 seed Duke.  After a 2 point half-time lead, we were down 3 with 25 seconds to go, but couldn't get closer as we missed shots and they made free throws.  We do return 10 guys, so next year will be pretty awesome as well.  
7/17/2011 2:38 PM
We return 10 very talented players, but we do lose the scrubby Mark Walker and WCC POY William Look.  Not sure if Look will get drafted, but I think he's good enough (it would add a nice bump to the prestige as well).
EDIT: Look was also named 3rd team All-American.

7/18/2011 2:56 PM (edited)
7/19/2011 12:20 PM
Our first recruit is John Edwards.  Originally from North Carolina, Edwards spent two years at Porterville College before entering back into the NCAA ranks.  He knows my offense and defense really well already, and he'll RS this year so Whiting will be able to return for his Sr/5.  He should be able to contribute off the bench next year when we should be making another run.  

7/27/2011 10:25 PM
Our second recruit is Donald Downing.  A native of New Jersey, he like John Edwards, came out to California to spend two years at a junior college.  Although his WE is not good (22), Downing will hopefully play a big part off the bench next year backing up both PF and C.  He is super athletic and if we focus on LP development, this guy could surpass Flynn and become the starting PF.

7/28/2011 12:38 PM
This season started off with a bang as we unexpectedly took down #1 UCLA (who finished up ranked #1, RPI #1 and SOS #1) in an exhibition game 72-69.  Since the non-con schedule wasn't too rigorous, we were looking for an undefeated season, but that hope was erased when we lost 97-94 at Toledo.  It turned out to be the only loss in a regular season that turned out really well.  We finished the regular season 25-1 and ranked pretty high in a lot of categories (#7 in the nation in points, #4 in point differential, #5 in rebounding, #1 (!) in rebounding differential, #7 in assists per game, #4 in the nation in blocks, #1 in block differential, 7th in FG%, #9 in FG% defense, #2 in FG% differential, #1 3pt%).  We won our CT and went into the NT with a 28-1, an RPI of 24, and ranked #10.  We got a 4 seed, which I was pretty happy with.  We beat the 13 seed (Miss. St.) and sim 12 seed UNC, Asheville (9 seniors and 3 juniors running the press) to get to the sweet 16, where we faced 1 seed Miami.  Miami was very similar to the UCLA team we beat in exhibition (100 aths all over the place with a bunch of 100 defs, hard to score).  We cut their lead to 4 with a minute to go, but they made their free throws and we couldn't make it to the elite eight.  I think I'll stick around for next year with a good core coming back, but if I can land the NC State or Georgia Tech jobs (not a chance I think), I'm gone.  

8/19/2011 3:27 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...15 Next ▸
Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.