Welcome to Gridiron Dynasty Survivor IX: The American Experience
Survivor IX features your host bfkfraser, in his first stint as host. Thanks always to muddapucka for originating the concept and to dubs, polabonez for continuing it. I have copied their rules as a guide (and so i don't have to retype aa lot)
Remember that the goal is to Outwit, Outthink and Outplay each other, not the rules themself. I will try to quickly clear up any questions, but I am hoping that you all understand that I intend to follow the spirit of what these rules clearly should mean, and not end up in an argument of semantics. Once again, you are playing each other, not me.
1) Gridiron Dynasty Survivor has three types of immunity: Gridiron Immunity, Hidden Immunity and Challenge Immunity. Each of these immunities has different rules associated with it that shall be explained in the rules.
2) Challenges for immunity will be held every Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. They will be posted at 6 a.m. EST and will run varying lengths of time, though not exceeding that one day. There will be no ties for Challenge Immunity. Only one tribe or contestant can win it. I will have tiebreakers contained within each challenge. In general these days will be followed. but, the first challenge's event will take place on Saturday, and the first vote will be Sunday.
3) Voting for expulsion of a player will be held every Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. You may vote from 12 a.m. EST on those days until 6 p.m. EST. You cannot change your vote. Therefore, there are reasons that you may not want to vote immediately.
4) Here’s one of those reasons now. You may transfer Challenge Immunity (this can only be done once we enter the individual section of challenge immunity, not when it is tribe vs. tribe.) If you win individual immunity on a Friday, Sunday or Tuesday, you have from the end of that challenge until 6 a.m. the next day (a full six hours into the voting window) to give that immunity to another player. You must transfer this immunity in the thread for all to see. It can only be transferred by the person who won it. So if Person A wins it and gives it to Person B, Person B cannot then give it to anyone else.
5) Here’s another of those reasons. If you win a National Title at Gridiron Dynasty while this game is going on, you win immunity. If you win that National title on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, you have immunity from Saturday’s vote. If you win that National title on a Sunday or Monday, you have immunity from Monday’s vote. If you win that National title on a Tuesday or Wednesday, you have immunity from Wednesday’s vote.
5a) This means it is possible that you will win immunity around three in the afternoon for a vote that is due at 6 p.m. EST. If you have already voted for someone who has immunity, you can’t change your vote. You need to pay attention to who may be playing for a national title and what the halftime score is. If you take the chance to vote for someone that has a chance to win a national title, and they do, that’s your fault.
5b) Your national title is only good for the next vote in the game. If you win a National Title and your tribe already has immunity from the next vote, you don’t get to save it.
5c) Only National titles won with the name you are playing this game with count. No national titles won as a cocoach count.
6) There likely will be hidden immunity idols throughout the game. I will notify you when you have found one. You can pass the hidden immunity idols from person to person, but you have to tell me who has them. You cannot hand it to someone and say I give it to them for one day. You give it to them, or you don’t. If you give it to them, and they later choose to give it back, that’s great, but you can’t stipulate before you hand it to them.
6a) If you have a hidden immunity idol, you will have three hours to play it between 6 p.m. EST on the day of a expulsion vote and 9 p.m. EST. This period comes directly after the voting period. You must post in the thread that you are playing it, and the person making the post must be the one I am aware has the idol. If you moved it and didn’t tell me, I won’t recognize you playing it. I will simply announce that person does not have an idol. You cannot transfer it to that person after this point. You missed the opportunity. If you play it, any votes against you will be thrown out and the rest of the votes will be counted with the top vote getter being ousted. Not all immunity idols are created equal.
6b) If you play the hidden immunity idol, and it was not necessary to protect you from a vote, you will not get it back. I will rehide it.
6c) If you do not play the hidden immunity idol, and you get the most votes, you are out, and the immunity idol goes home with you. I will not announce to anyone that it has disappeared.
6d) The hidden immunity idol can take you no further than the Final Four. You can’t play it if there are less than five people left in the game.
7) When we have expulsion votes that you are involved in, you must vote, and you may not vote for yourself. If you miss two votes in the game, you are out. Even if you have immunity, if it is your second missed vote, you are out.
8) During the tribe section, we will have tribe captains. I will declare who the first captains are in the subsequent posts. The captains are responsible for declaring who will sit out challenges if their tribe has more people. If the captains are voted out, the remaining player with the most total votes received during the entire competition will become captain. If there is a tie, the first person alphabetically will be captain.
9) I have Thursdays reserved to throw in some twists along the way, so don’t get too comfortable. If you see a question that you need clarified now, please let me know.
With Memorial Day coming up, I am feeling patriotic. So I decided the theme will be American History and all things Americana. Good luck. Teams and first challenge to follow
There have been 44 total. Some are considered great. Others were mired in controversy. But, all have the title of President. In the Badlands of South Dakota, Mt Rushmore pays tribute to 4 of the 44. Our first tribes are named in their honor:
Mr. Mojo (Captain)
|Brian Sandoval – jhoege (Captain) -ousted
|Rick Snyder – steinbajl - ousted
|Andrew Cuomo – cheex1980 - DQ
|Butch Otter mr_mojo -ousted
|Dennis Daugaard -msom22 - DQ
|Lincoln Chafee – dawgnuts
|Matt Mead – jamaisme - DQ
|Neil Ambercrombie – hhauto Captain ousted
|Warren Burger – Arfy (Captain)
|Anthony Kennedy – polabonez
|Arthur Goldberg – acres1972
|Benjamin Cardozo – hardknox23 ousted
|Byron White – peanutjets
|Clarence Thomas – onside
|Levi Woodbury – awags
|Oliver Wendall Holmes – muddapucka
|Carl Levin – atcchris (Captain)
|Al Franken - golfpro71
|Bernie Sanders – da_goat
|Frank Lautenberg – glen_s6803 ousted
|Jeff Bingamen – sjurat
|Kent Conrad – katzphang88
|Lamar Alexander – csudak
|Max Baucus – buckylouis DQed
John Adams: Arfy (captain) - ousted
Martin Van Buren: csudak
Millard Fillmore: katzphang88 - ousted
Chester A. Arthur: polabonez
Theodore Roosevelt: peanutjets
Gerald R Ford: atcchris captain
Calvin Coolidge: muddapucka
Thomas Jefferson: awags (captian)
John Tyler: acres1972
Andrew Johnson: golfpro71 - ousted
Harry S Truman: da_goat - ousted
Lyndon B Johnson: onside
Richard M Nixon: sjurat - ousted
Goerge H W Bush: dawgnuts
acres 1972 6th Place
atcchris 8th Place
awags 3rd Place
csudak 4th Place
dawgnuts 7th Place
onside 5th Place
Jury: da_goat, atcchris, dawgnuts, acres1972, onside, csudak, awags