Please Stop Auto-Saving My Searches Topic

I know it's been months since the last time there was a response here to one of these suggestions.  Nonetheless, please indulge my rant:

Thank you for providing a "Save As" option after I run a search. It is a very helpful thing.  I use it when I want to save the search.

When I *don't* want to add a search to my menu list of saved searches, please do not automatically populate it for me with "Search #5", "Seatch #17" etc.  That is not at all helpful for me.  Ever. When I get too many of them, it makes the searches I do want to save fall off the bottom of the list.

6/15/2011 3:42 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I completely agree with this.  If the search functionality was better / easier to us I'd buy more teams.  I also particularly hate that you have to specify both a max and major it ought to be smart enough to auto-fill the one I leave out.
6/14/2011 5:19 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Agree with both
1. If you click "Save As" without entering a save name, it should not be saved. This will stop 95% of accidental saves.
2. Auto-fill the blank field with min or max for that stat.
6/16/2011 3:17 PM
For those having the auto-save issue, if you physically click on the actual "Search Player Database" button, it will not automatically save the search as "Search #5" or whatever.  This only occurs when you hit the enter button rather than clicking the button.

I agree this should be changed and not saving should be the default.  This is a workaround in the meantime if you want to stop the autosave function from bumping the searches you actually want to save.
6/23/2011 5:33 PM
Did not know that frazz.
7/1/2011 1:31 AM
Ah, man!  frazz: I've long noticed that sometimes there's an autosave and sometimes not, but I never noticed the click/"Enter" pattern that means there was something I could do about it all along!  This is great to know!
7/11/2011 5:53 PM
All:  This was fixed a couple weeks ago.
12/14/2012 5:38 PM
Please Stop Auto-Saving My Searches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.