DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

bump
8/27/2013 10:03 AM
Ok, maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist but ....

I have been in GD for about a year & have or had teams at every level (currently in my first 1A season). I have had decent success at recruiting across all levels BUT it appears to me that the talent levels are being pushed down - as an example I am seeing human D1A coaches recruiting what I would consider average D1AA players and looking at D3 players I would have ignored in the past. Also, seems like it takes far more than 3-5 CV to knock off even D3 Sims and I know I was not alone in losing battles to D1AA sims in my D1A recruiting

Or maybe I just need to drink more when I recruit :)
8/29/2013 5:30 PM
I'm not seeing any issues at D3 or D2.  I've seen a few D1A schools hanging around some good D1AA recruits, but not really any surprises.
8/29/2013 9:27 PM
at d1a...if your spending 4, 5 , 6x the amount of schollie money per recruit for a handful of "elite" recruits...your going to have to fill out that roster w/ very good upside d1aa players with the change you have left over
8/30/2013 11:29 AM
bump
9/6/2013 9:17 AM
bump for cheex1980 and newbies

a few things have changed but this holds more sense about recruiting than you'll find anywhere
3/30/2014 2:18 PM
I just took over a team that doesnt have much money with a lot of holes I will be facing next year.
If I spend that much money to each recruit I can only hit up 3 guys.
So what I am getting here is that there will be some lean years here

2/8/2015 12:32 PM
Actually, your team seems to have a fairly decent Wide-reciever and Linebacker corps, and these could form the basis for a decent team fairly quickly. If you  are careful to avoid recruiting battles, you should be able to build a solid team within 2 years. I took over Coast Guard in Wilkinson 3 seasons ago when they had 24 open recruit slots, and even with a LOT of starting freshmen I still made it to the conference title game. 3 years later and they were ranked in the preseason top 40. Another thing you can do when you have big holes in your team is promise staring positions to good freshmen recruits-- this can be a poweful tool to sign good recruits, but again be careful to use it only with players who you will actually start, and try to avoid uneccessary recruiting battles. 
2/8/2015 2:11 PM
I will watch for that, Thanks
2/8/2015 6:03 PM
bump
12/4/2015 8:12 AM
+1
12/4/2015 10:57 PM
Maybe I missed it, but when do the freshman get added to your roster?
12/4/2015 11:26 PM
Posted by Neans90 on 12/4/2015 11:26:00 PM (view original):
Maybe I missed it, but when do the freshman get added to your roster?
When recruiting is completed.
12/6/2015 10:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.