Snowball Shootout Season 20
Championship Match- Michigan vs Minnesota
1. Calvin at Hamline (58-70)
2. Macalester at MBBC (59-63)
3. Kalamazoo at St. Scholastica (46-49)
4. St. Thomas at Olivet (58-62)
5. Alma at St. Olaf (47-65)
6. GAC at Finlandia (88-73)
7. Albion at St. John's (60-74)
8. St. Mary's at Marian *(DNP)
9. Rockford at Augsburg (74-50)
Well, I'm not sure what happened with the St. Mary's/Marian game. Regardless, Minnesota got the necessary number of wins for both an 8 or 9 game series. The MIAC wins 5-3 and adds a 6th consecutive Shootout championship. Have the other Big 4 conferences fallen asleep? Upstate better turn things around quickly or they will be soon be 2nd on the all-time Shootout championship list.
Consolation Match- Midwest vs Upstate
1. Chicago at Beloit (62-88)
2. Monmouth at Brandeis (79-92)
3. RPI at St. Norbert (81-71)
4. Ripon at NYU (75-63)
5. Washington at RHIT (77-66)
6. Lake Forest at Case Western (60-74)
7. HWS at Carroll (76-83)
8. Lawrence at Rochester (81-73)
9. Hamilton at Depauw *(DNP)
Well, we have another game that was never scheduled. Unfortunately, this one left the match up as a 4-4 tie between Midwest and Michigan. Hamilton is a sim team, so the fault really lies with Midwest for not scheduling the game. I would then lean towards giving Upstate the win, but I want to see what everyone else thinks first...thoughts?
ETA: It turns out Hamilton was actually human coached last season, and Depauw tried scheduling multiple times. So, we'll use a tiebreaker to determine the winner. The majority felt total points was a fair tiebreaker. So, Midwest inches by Upstate in total points: 603-598.
Next season Minnesota will face Midwest in the Championship and Upstate will face Michigan in the Consolation.
We have a late start on scheduling, so get your rankings in! Thanks everyone!
5/13/2014 2:23 AM (edited)