Snowball Shootout Season 7
Championship Match- Minnesota vs. Michigan
1. Hamline at MBBC (89-74)
2. Finlandia at Macalester (71-73)
3. Augsburg at Calvin (74-57)
4. Adrian at St. Olaf (54-78)
5. St. Scholastica at Kalamazoo (96-77)
6. Marian at St. Thomas (56-60)
7. St. Mary's at Alma (67-54)
8. Hope at CCM (65-62)
9. GAC at Albion (84-63)
Michigan endures an absolute shellacking at the hands of Minnesota and loses 8-1
At risk of boasting excessively about my own conference, I want to take a second to highlight just how lopsided this championship was. Minnesota scored 683 total points while Michigan scored 571. Minnesota outscored Michigan by an average of 12 points per game
. You probably would expect that sort of point differential in a challenge between Upstate and SUNYAC, but not two "Big Four" conferences. Ridiculous.
It will be interesting to see if this year is just an aberration for Minnesota and Michigan, or an actual shift in power. Regardless, us Minnesotans will relish this Championship domination for a while.
Consolation Match- Midwest vs. Upstate
1. Beloit at RPI (79-89)
2. Brandeis at St. Norbert (75-91)
3. Depauw at Washington (MO) (66-87)
4. CWR at RHIT (55-57)
5. Grinnell at Hamilton (62-60)
6. Skidmore at Ripon (78-89)
7. Lake Forest at Chicago
8. St. Lawrence at Carroll (59-64)
9. Monmouth at Rochester
Midwest wins 6-3.
Upstate loses a challenge for the second year in a row. However, killbatman posted a 8-1 record in his series predictions. That must count for something, right?
Next season Minnesota will face Midwest in the Championship. Michigan will take on Upstate in the Consolation Match.
Thanks again to everyone for your participation!
7/25/2012 8:12 PM (edited)