Our current progressive league uses players in the here and now. Your roster will consist of 34 sim eligibles (25 on the ML roster and another 9 on your AAA roster) and 16 DL/prospects. We play once per calendar year and the upcoming season is our 8th. Since 2004, we have kept our league, APPA, available by invitation only (for the most part) and would like to open the league up to some new blood.

So, if you are interested in a current progressive as I have just described it, and you will be hard pressed to find another quite like it, please consider one of these two rosters and contact one of the "founding fathers" directly for consideration. Eagle61, evil_twin, chazzzzzz, and myself (jrnyfan01). We are about to make cuts/drop-add/and draft for the 2012 season. One of the rosters posted can be yours, and then you can tweak it as you see fit.

We are hoping to draft in the next few weeks, so there will be plenty of time for you to draft prep. You will need to become familiar not only with current ML stars, but also minor leaguers in the wings, and recent draftees. Good times for a true baseball fan.

Thanks for considering APPA,
JRNY

10/13/2012 10:43 AM (edited)
We have a private APPA forum, so please accept my apologies in advance if you are trying to locate history about our league in the forums. 

Please feel free to ask questions in this thread if you like, or contact one of us (chazzzzzz, evil_twin, eagle61, or jrnyfan01) for additional details.

Other APPA owners include Oli35, rls1, deer454, beernoser, DodgerDon, crickett13, peekay, knowhim, magnum, rockrobster, maddove117, and many more advanced progressive veterans. We only have 1 available team this time around, so please contact one of us asap ;-)

JRNY
10/13/2012 10:45 AM (edited)
I do a prospect ranking each year to gauge how each team has done in selecting their minor league talent - this team ranks #1, primarily on the strength of Trout.
11/14/2011 11:55 AM
This is a great group of involved owners.  You'll learn more about prospects and the minor league system than you ever thought you would.

Join the APPA. You'll be glad you did.
11/17/2011 8:30 AM
If YankeeJoe doesn't want this team let me know and I'll take it!
10/21/2012 11:56 PM
Is that Verlander team still available? If so, I'm in.
10/25/2012 10:21 AM
Let me know if you need someone
11/8/2012 10:13 AM
pgburner, chicagoaaron, and ljemd,
I need someone for the 2013 season. Please let me know if you are still interested in the league ;-)

Thanks,
Chris
9/30/2013 1:54 PM
I wouldn't mind getting back into this league now that I've come back to WiS if you still need one and will have me back
10/1/2013 10:15 PM
Posted by scthallfan on 10/1/2013 10:15:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't mind getting back into this league now that I've come back to WiS if you still need one and will have me back
Excellent! Please check your sitemail.
We still have an opening. 

Contact me right away ;-)

Chris

10/7/2013 3:18 PM
Here is the roster for the 1 available team we have left. Darvish, Rosario, and Rendon are three really nice pieces to build a team with.
Thanks for considering.
You will be able to make as many cuts from this list as you like:

Pos Name Team/Organization
3B/1B Almanzar, Michael Red Sox
2B Barney, Darwin Cubs
RP Blevins, Jerry Athletics
SP Buchholz, Clay Red Sox
SP Correia, Kevin Twins
RP Cruz, Juan Pirates
SP Darvish, Yu Rangers
SP de la Rosa, Rubby Red Sox
SP De Paula, Rafael Yankees
3B Dominguez, Matt Astros
RP Doolittle, Sean Athletics
SP Duffy, Danny Royals
1B Dunn, Adam White Sox
SS Escobar, Alcides Royals
Util Frandsen, Kevin Phillies
RP Frieri, Ernesto Angels
Util Gonzalez, Alberto Yankees
OF Hairston, Scott Nationals
OF Heisey, Chris Reds
SP Hernandez, Livan Brewers
OF Holliday, Matt Cardinals
RP Hoover, J.J. Reds
SP Jenkins, Tyrell Cardinals
OF Kalish, Ryan Red Sox
C Kottaras, George Royals
3B Kouzmanoff, Kevin Rockies

SP Matsuzaka, Daisuke Mets
OF Maybin, Cameron Padres
SP McAllister, Zach Indians
SP McPherson, Kyle Pirates
Stadium Miller Park Brewers
1B Moreland, Mitch Rangers
SP Mortensen, Clayton Royals
C Murphy, J.R. Yankees
SP Noesi, Hector Mariners
SP Porcello, Rick Tigers
2B/3B Rendon, Anthony Nationals
RP Resop, Chris Athletics
Util Rodriguez, Sean Rays
2B Rosario, Eddie Twins
C Rosario, Willin Rockies
SP Sampson, Keyvius Padres
C Schneider, Brian Phillies
3B/1B Snyder, Brandon Red Sox
2B Solano, Donovan Marlins
RP Stutes, Michael Phillies
RP Tucker, Ryan Dodgers
OF Upton, B.J. Braves
3B Valbuena, Luis Cubs
RP Walden, Jordan Braves
SP Westbrook, Jake Cardinals

10/15/2013 4:55 PM
Posted by maddove117 on 11/17/2011 8:30:00 AM (view original):
This is a great group of involved owners.  You'll learn more about prospects and the minor league system than you ever thought you would.

Join the APPA. You'll be glad you did.
Have been thinking on the APPA league for years, even Felix Hernandez, a first season pick as a rookie is at the end of a long career.
7/25/2021 7:09 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.