Posted by backboy13 on 12/6/2012 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Out of curiosity, do you want to lay out exactly how you rated my players?
I have a few different ratings sets that I run through formulas. I have one for guards, one for sf's, one for the general forward type, and one for traditional bigs. Whichever one a player rates highest in is what i use. I probably need to add a couple more, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. They are all weighted and scaled so that the each category has the same ceiling. The highest point total possible is around 2200 The 1s in my ratings are 1000 and below, 2s are 1000 to >1100, 3s are 1100 to >1200, 4s are 1200 to >1300, and 5s are 1300+. For instance, my center
is in the low 1300s, but he receives a 5. This guy
is also a 5 even though he is over 1400 in my formula.
So, obviously there is some room for error and i've noticed it especially benefits my team since I recruit to the formula. That and I think raw talent is probably about 40% of team building. I'd say the other 60% is 40% cohesion and 20% is game planning. I'm thinking about using it to predict the NT this season. If I had to guess it would be 60-75% correct in measuring that, so, there is obviously a lot of factors in play. I've thought about getting together with people to come up with a formula to measure team cohesion, but haven't done that yet.
Sorry for that side information, but to your team. I don't save each teams breakdown, but i can show you where it would place your guys right now and i'll place *'s by guys who will go up by the end of the year:
The rankings are:
1) Role Player
2) Quality Backup
3) Capable Starter
PG) Wayne Cline (Sr) Star
Henry Wilson (Sr) Capable Starter
James Reasoner (Soph) Capable Starter *(one of him and Wilson will advance to the next level by the end of the season)
William Steward (Soph) Role Player*
Michael Bryant (Fr) Quality Backup
SF) Matthew Allen (Jr) Capable Starter
Scott Yates (Soph) Role Player
Alan Berndt (Fr) Role Player
PF) Harvey Tesch (Sr) Good
James Richardson (Soph) Quality Backup
C) Alan Jude (Jr) Capable Starter
Lorenzo Armor (Fr) Role Player (redshirts are role players by default)
That adds up to 29 and will be a 31 or 32 by the end of the year.
Also, I determine a 2 or better as capable of competing at an elite level. So, you are 8 deep and will be 9 deep by the end of the year.
This also means you rate highest out of teams coached by the anti-Christ