No available public openings Topic

I bumped a thread that showed an assload of openings(119 was noted but someone mentioned 150) this time last year.

Adding more teams isn't a money or feature issue.  It's a time issue.  There is no way to give existing owners more time or any way to make the game less time consuming without making the game less involved.   That's a simple fact.
10/8/2012 7:54 PM
There is plenty of ways to make the game less time consuming without making the game less involved but WIS has chosen not to do that.

Money is a factor for many people, very few people have unlimited funds. If your realistic budget for playing this game is about $25 a month then you probably wont play more than 2-3 teams. I am not complaining about the price of the game because I think the pricing is reasonable, but if you think money is not a factor in how many people play the game then you are kidding yourself.

10/8/2012 8:06 PM
Name those less time consuming ways.  Please.
10/8/2012 8:30 PM
One change you can make is too allow more than 2 days to sign your own arb eligible players ( players that will be free agents next season) to long term contracts. Instead of having the player tell you that they are signing for free agency next season you can allow the player to extend his contract during the regular season. Currently WIS answer to someone who is unavailable for 2 days is too punish that owner by forcing his players into free agency, something the player would not of done if the owner was available for those 2 days. If your concern is the owner will get a extra season by arbing the player, then afterwards signing him to 5 seasons, then only allow players who went to arb to extend their contract 4 season  instead of 5. You can pretty much adjust to anything to accomplish the goal of making this aspect of the game less time consuming without making the game less involved. Making a game unnecessarily  time restrictive is not skill its luck.

I was just gone for 6 days on a road trip and the 2 arb days happen in 1 of my worlds. about 6 weeks ago I had to go away for the weekend, when I left Friday night I was not able to sign my players, when I got back monday morning the period already past. Its happen to me 3 times in the last 4-6 months. To me the most important thing is my players, and I am willing to bet that is the case with most people.

10/8/2012 8:51 PM (edited)

Allowing MORE time to do things is NOT LESS time consuming.

10/8/2012 8:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2012 8:51:00 PM (view original):

That went right over my head. Please rephrase.
10/8/2012 8:52 PM
If I want to do something and I only have 2 days to do it instead of 2 months, how is that not time restrictive?
10/8/2012 8:53 PM
Time restrictive is not the same as time consuming.

10/8/2012 8:58 PM
Posted by plague on 10/8/2012 8:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2012 8:51:00 PM (view original):

That went right over my head. Please rephrase.
The point I am going after is you said "There is no way to give owners more time"  I showed a example to accomplish that feat for 1 task in the game. I am not trying to reduce the time that it takes to sign arb players to long term contracts, I am pointing out how to increase the time to accomplish that feat.
10/8/2012 8:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2012 8:58:00 PM (view original):
Time restrictive is not the same as time consuming.

" There is no way to give existing owners more time." 

That is the phrase I was going after.
10/8/2012 9:02 PM
I meant "more time to manage more teams".   Of course we can give them more time to manage their current teams.   Increase the season to 180 days.  2 games per day.

I'm sure everyone, save you, understood what I meant.
10/8/2012 9:13 PM
I wouldn't want the schedule changed. I want at least three games a day. I want results, feedback on how I'm doing.

I LIKE the time restrictive nature of HBD compared to other things I've played on this site. Been in too many hockey leagues where owners don't even show up for drafts, then complain they didn't know blah blah blah...

If the business model were that anyone who tries this game should be compelled to buy into multiple franchises in order to get enough of a user base to make it work... Doesn't sound like a great business plan. I like it, but I have no intention of buying another franchise.
10/8/2012 9:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2012 9:13:00 PM (view original):
I meant "more time to manage more teams".   Of course we can give them more time to manage their current teams.   Increase the season to 180 days.  2 games per day.

I'm sure everyone, save you, understood what I meant.
I did misunderstand you, however in some regards the two go hand and hand, if a owner does not have time for 1 team then he will not have time for multiple teams. A owner decides he has time based on if he meets the in game deadlines. If he cannot meet the deadlines for 1 team he surely will not feel he can take on more teams.
10/8/2012 9:26 PM
Posted by damag on 10/8/2012 9:25:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't want the schedule changed. I want at least three games a day. I want results, feedback on how I'm doing.

I LIKE the time restrictive nature of HBD compared to other things I've played on this site. Been in too many hockey leagues where owners don't even show up for drafts, then complain they didn't know blah blah blah...

If the business model were that anyone who tries this game should be compelled to buy into multiple franchises in order to get enough of a user base to make it work... Doesn't sound like a great business plan. I like it, but I have no intention of buying another franchise.
I don't think anyone is asking for 2 games a day.
10/8/2012 9:27 PM

damag, once you get more familiar with the game, you'll add a team.  Maybe two.  Maybe three.  But everyone has a boiling point.   Mine is 4.   I'm one over right now.

10/8/2012 9:30 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
No available public openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.