newby questions... Topic

I've played SLB for about 9 years now, but I'm just now trying football for the first time.

Question 1: I drafted Larry Centers, hoping he'd catch a bunch of passes out of the backfield (real life about 5 catches per game). I start him as RB2. One-and-a-half games in and no catches. What can I do to change this?

More questions to follow, I'm certain.

Thanks.
12/21/2011 2:43 AM
how many catches per game are you avg'ing overall? Do you have many WR/TE with high receiving stamina who are getting all of the receptions? is your lineup set so RB2 is in the game most of the time (in other words, you mostly use 2 RB sets instead of 1 RB)?
12/29/2011 2:40 AM
I've played a few times in the past, but it's been a good while and the engine has changed since I last played.

I've just bought a 6-pack and would like to try this again, and I've got 3 exhibition teams set to start in the next day, so I've been playing around in the draft center, but I just feel like I'm missing something important. I've read most of the threads in here from over the last year and half and I am still not sure I'm grasping some of the ratings. Specifically the various stamina and durability ratings. Is it reasonable to expect a QB with 100 Durability and 30 Pass Stamina to make it through the season, or will he be constantly fatigued and/or injured. Granted, I'm sure I'll learn some of this with my exhibition seasons that all start tomorrow, but I drafted a handful of players on each team with various durability and stamina ratings because I wasn't sure of the relationship between the two and what to expect.

11/29/2012 10:40 PM
Also, what time do the games sim? My AM baseball games have simmed and I still don't have any of my AM football games...
11/30/2012 1:51 AM
a 100 dur QB will not be injured; but if you try to pass more than 12-14 times a game he will becomes less and less effective. Quickly! 
The AM sim was 2:10ish eastern, and the PM 2:10ish.
12/1/2012 9:43 PM
Thank you very much!
12/2/2012 2:20 AM
newby questions... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.