More Career Wins Tebow or Vince Young? Topic

FWIW, much of the difference in today's game is the stressing of ball security.   Back in the day, throwing the INT 30 yards downfield was acceptable.  "Almost like a punt!" they'd say.  Today a QB is expected to dump it down, throw it away or take the sack.   That's why guys like Romo are considered less than stellar QB. 
12/30/2011 9:42 AM
Sometimes I wonder where in the blue **** you get your theories.

For ****'s sake we live in a world where Sexy Rexy is starting for an NFL team, if that doesn't indicate that it's a "throw it down the field" type of league then I don't know what does.
12/30/2011 3:36 PM

"Speak for yourself MikeT23, throwing it deep gets me laid and paid!"
12/30/2011 3:37 PM
Funny, that's what your boyfriend said about you, deano
12/30/2011 4:56 PM
Posted by deanod on 12/30/2011 3:36:00 PM (view original):

For ****'s sake we live in a world where Sexy Rexy is starting for an NFL team, if that doesn't indicate that it's a "throw it down the field" type of league then I don't know what does.
This is correct. They call it throwing off the back shoulder these days, but what they really are, are jump balls. The rules are so slanted to the offense these days that it makes it worth doing. Rivers spends entire games doing it and at least half of Tebows passes are the same.
12/30/2011 6:22 PM
Posted by deanod on 12/30/2011 3:36:00 PM (view original):

So one guy out of 32 proves you right?   WTF?
12/31/2011 2:13 PM
Couldn't just prove that the Redskins suck...that's too obvious
12/31/2011 5:10 PM
Me.  

Brady and Rodgers are two of the top QB in the NFL.
8/6/2013 6:59 AM
At the moment, it's Tebow, since he actually has a job and could at least theoretically be called upon in a barrage of injuries.  If VY were to make the Packers, I'd say him, because I think the Packers would be more likely to actually use him if the other QBs went down.
8/6/2013 7:17 AM
BTW, this thread makes us look like prophets, AC.
8/6/2013 8:02 AM
Indeed.

And VY signs with the Packers, so I'm officially saying he's more likely to make a start this season.
8/6/2013 10:51 AM
With the read-option being the new craze, it seems like somebody would pick them up for practice squad guys.  NFC teams as they have to contend with Russell, Kap and RGIII.      Not sure if either would do it but that might be their path back to the NFL.
9/1/2013 2:58 PM
You can't sign veterans to the practice squad.
9/1/2013 3:09 PM
Well, that's that.     I see Arena football in VY's future and a Billy Graham-like television show for Timmy.
9/1/2013 4:30 PM
I predicted two years ago Tebow would be co-host with Kirk Cameron. Don't let me down Tebow!
9/1/2013 5:37 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
More Career Wins Tebow or Vince Young? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.