2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Worst in his last 23.....hahahahah!!
10/11/2014 1:56 PM
Listen, I'm not defending Tillman, because he pitched poorly.  There's no doubt about that.  But in fairness to him, it's worth pointing out that in spite of the fact that all 5 runs were earned, there were 2 extremely poor defensive plays in the big inning.  Not sure that Markakis could have caught the spinner, maybe with a great read, but he definitely should not have allowed the runner to score from first.  That was just embarrassing.  The coverage showed the ball hanging up forever, then cut to Markakis and he was basically still standing still.

And it never would have even come to that if Pearce could pick the ball at first.

As I said, Tillman pitched poorly, and he put himself in a position to be easily hurt by some defensive mistakes.  But when your pitcher is pitching poorly, you have to do your best to pick the guy up as a defense.  Pearce's play was caused by horrible mechanics, and Markakis' looked like shear defensive laziness.  From my perspective that's the most inexcusable thing.  Doesn't matter if he thought it was foul off the bat.  If it's going to be close to being in play (not fair, but just in play), you should be running until you are 100% sure otherwise.

As I posted on the Orioles website last night, if you don't give 100% effort in October, you don't deserve to win.  Simple as that.
10/11/2014 4:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 10/11/2014 12:45:00 PM (view original):
For a guy who was unjustifiably critical of Felix and his "horrible" September, you're pretty quick to give Tillman a pass. Tell it like it is, he came down with Clayton Kershawitis before the game. Choked big time. Worst start in the biggest moment.
As far as Felix goes, I'm going to plead ignorance. I looked up his September stats and they weren't bad at all. I was watching one of his starts and one of the broadcasters made reference to him being 0-4 with an ERA over 9 in September. I hadn't really been watching his starts - I didn't question it.

Clearly they got it wrong or they were referring to someone else while Felix was starting and I missed it. But yes, Felix definitely didn't have a bad September.
10/12/2014 12:00 AM
As for KC, it's getting really annoying. I'll give them full credit - they're taking advantage of everything. But they're also getting away with every mistake they make. The O's haven't played much worse than KC these two games - KC has just had everything go their way. Their first 7 hits today were all to the opposite field, none really even hit solidly.

Not sure what's up with O'Day, but he can't pitch again in key spots in this series. Both losses are his - and Britton is clearly suffering from the "I just had a kid" curse.

Need a strong showing on the road, which they've been able to do most of the year.
10/12/2014 12:03 AM
Everything go their way?!?!?! LOL at that while comment. O's duck and we're lucky the east was brutally bad this year.
10/12/2014 6:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/12/2014 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 10/12/2014 6:51:00 PM (view original):
Everything go their way?!?!?! LOL at that while comment. O's duck and we're lucky the east was brutally bad this year.
English, please.

Best thing about the playoffs is the O's exposed.
Yeah, that sweep of the Tigers really demonstrated all their weaknesses.
10/12/2014 8:34 PM
Ancient history.  
10/13/2014 7:53 AM
Outta my thread, tubby
10/13/2014 12:15 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 10/12/2014 6:51:00 PM (view original):
Have you watched the series? Like at all?

Have you watched the Royals in the playoffs? Like at all?

They've gotten away with most of their errors, and Yost has made countless boneheaded decisions that the team has overcome IN SPITE of their manager. Any other team does the things the Royals have done this postseason, they pay for them.
10/13/2014 12:16 PM

The official jtpsops crying towel:

10/13/2014 12:48 PM
After losing on consecutive days, the O's won't lose for the 2nd day in a row.

Congrats, chumps.
10/13/2014 6:13 PM
When's the last time the Yankees lost?
10/13/2014 8:15 PM
Bucktober! The O's will come back and take this series!

HARK!
10/13/2014 8:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...69|70|71|72|73...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.