GD's Guide to the Game Topic

You can use the links in the blog tab to post on your own website or blog if you have one. 

250 phone calls to 250 different recruits is a bit much especially when it's not a very effective recruiting tactic and it doesn't provide much useful info compared to other tactics.  

7/3/2014 11:26 AM
How come when U  set up your defensive formations vs each type, Base, Run, or Pass, iou can only set your formation to one offensive formation per type? Is this a bug, a limitation of DIII, am I misunderstanding, or something else?
7/4/2014 4:59 PM
It's a limitation in D3.  When you move up to D2 and beyond and use the Advanced settings you'll be able to use more formations for different scenarios.
7/5/2014 2:44 AM
Posted by mcbethbr on 2/21/2012 7:48:00 AM (view original):
Scouting Report Messages:

Great potential
1. Sky's the limit (in the AC scouting rreport)
2. Incredible upside potential (in the AC scouting rreport)
3. A truly gifted athlete (in the HC scouting report)

Good potential
1. Above average potential (in the HC scouting report)
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
4. Upside is my middle name (message from recruit)
5. "improve a lot" (from AC scouting report)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report)
8. "Good potential for improvement" (from the HC scouting report)
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential:
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
4. My motor never stops running (message from recruit)
5. I give 110% out there (message from recruit)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit) - This should actually be low potential.
7. "Some room for improvement, but not much." (from HC scouting report)
8. "Probably won't see huge improvements." (from HC scouting report)
9. "He seems slow to pick things up in practice." (from HC scouting report)

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).

Adding one not on this list that I haven't seen before:  "I'm not sure he has the ability to get much better during his college career." (from AC scouting report) 

I believe this is Low potential, possibly average.  
7/5/2014 12:22 PM
How come when recruiting ended my remaining budget dropped about 2k?' All scholarships were filled and signed beforehand
7/6/2014 1:23 AM
You only get to carry over 25% of your budget once you fill all your scholarships.
7/6/2014 2:30 PM
I thought it was 25 percent of your starting budget, which in my case would be 9K, assuming more than that is left
7/6/2014 7:02 PM
Posted by caesari on 7/5/2012 6:47:00 PM (view original):
RECRUITING POTENTIALS (Master List)
Courtesy of ozzzball19 and katzphang88

Great potential

4. Tremendous Potential - He could be a star!
5. World of Potential - Huge upside!
6. a very special player

Good potential
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report) 
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential:
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit) - This should actually be low potential.

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).
3. Not sure he has the ability to get much better...

Here is the more complete list of potentials:
7/6/2014 9:01 PM
OK, after 6 seasons of DIII and DII, I'm still trying to figure something out.  Recruiting for any given season begins at 12:01 PM on Day 1.  I have already done my studying and determined which recruits I would like to do an AC visit.  Since the first cycle lasts 24 hours, I won't get results from those back until 12:01 PM on Day 2.  Is there any way to have those visits queued up so that I can get after knocking off Sims (and those treacherous humans) at 12:01 on Day 2?  I know it's only 3 hours, but that extra cycle can be the difference between getting a recruit and watching him star for Rivals U for the next 4 years.
7/8/2014 1:36 PM
Posted by nowyer on 7/8/2014 1:36:00 PM (view original):
OK, after 6 seasons of DIII and DII, I'm still trying to figure something out.  Recruiting for any given season begins at 12:01 PM on Day 1.  I have already done my studying and determined which recruits I would like to do an AC visit.  Since the first cycle lasts 24 hours, I won't get results from those back until 12:01 PM on Day 2.  Is there any way to have those visits queued up so that I can get after knocking off Sims (and those treacherous humans) at 12:01 on Day 2?  I know it's only 3 hours, but that extra cycle can be the difference between getting a recruit and watching him star for Rivals U for the next 4 years.
No.
7/8/2014 10:45 PM
LOL,  Thanks fermor.
7/9/2014 7:01 PM
:-) LOL
7/10/2014 6:06 PM
out of curiosity, is there anything on here (forums) that would indicate what coaches should look for in players per formation? That might help the newbies out
7/12/2014 8:20 AM
Posted by 0bigzeke0 on 7/6/2014 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 7/5/2012 6:47:00 PM (view original):
RECRUITING POTENTIALS (Master List)
Courtesy of ozzzball19 and katzphang88

Great potential

4. Tremendous Potential - He could be a star!
5. World of Potential - Huge upside!
6. a very special player

Good potential
6. "room to grow".

Average potential:

Low potential
3. Not sure he has the ability to get much better...

Here is the more complete list of potentials:
I've probably sent out 200 AC/HC visits to players.  Off the top of my head I'd say the results were..

Great- Zero players
Good- 75 Players
Average- 120 players
Low- 5 players

I know its a relatively small sample size but are great and low really that rare?
7/28/2014 4:21 PM
Not sure about Low, but Great is rare.  I've only seen 2 in 8 seasons.  Others have reported similar findings. 
7/28/2014 11:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
GD's Guide to the Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.