Posted by DougOut on 3/21/2015 7:13:00 PM (view original):
net neutrality sux
U mad, bro?
3/21/2015 7:48 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/21/2015 7:48:00 PM (view original):
net neutrality sux
U mad, bro?
No.  I'm sad.  I pity the people.  They seem to be ignorant of everything needed to sustain their freedom.  Pop culture and entitlement has overtaken common sense. 

Civilization and advancement have taken a left hook to the brain and we are blacking out.  Welcome to the new dark age.  The breakdown of law and order. Torture chambers. Genocide. Propaganda. Slavery. Rape. Murder. And as stated above, the advancement of ignorance.  Ignorance over truth. Ignorance over justice.  Ignorance over survival. Pumping more resource that hasn't existed for too long into a bucket  with a hole in the bottom the new elite will never allow you to fix. 

And as ignorance is not stupidity, the acceptance of it is.  We're fat happy stupid and lazy.  Otherwise there would be no net neutrality.  And that's what makes me sad.

Where did it come from?  Who voted on it?  Is it a democrap thing or a republitard thing?  What chamber did it come out of?  Was it the House?  The Senate?  HELLO!

Where the HELL did it come from and WHY do I have to accept it?  

WHO MADE THIS IGNORANT LAW WITHOUT MY VOTE?

OH I KNOW!  Some committee.  Something called the F something something.  A committee. INITIALS!  Never elected.  Approved by the powers that be.  Bureaucracy to the point of ignorance and stupidity and death and hell.  No humanity.  Imbedded deep within a beuracracy and untouchable by the great unwashed.

So I'm sad.

It's not legislation.

It's a dictate.

It's brutal and unfair and it's illegal and I refuse to accept it. 
3/22/2015 2:17 PM
You need to stop drinking the Kool Aid, dude.  Because it's made you a complete moron.
3/22/2015 3:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/22/2015 3:42:00 PM (view original):
You need to stop drinking the Kool Aid, dude.  Because it's made you a complete moron.
You didn't tell us where it came from.  WHO MADE THIS LAW?
3/22/2015 4:20 PM
Posted by DougOut on 3/22/2015 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Why does it matter?

The law is either good or bad on it's own merit.  Whoever's idea it was is irrelevant with respect to that.
3/22/2015 5:24 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 3/22/2015 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 3/22/2015 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Why does it matter?

The law is either good or bad on it's own merit.  Whoever's idea it was is irrelevant with respect to that.
  You're not this stupid. 

You know the Executive or White House can't make law.  You know the Judicial can't do it.  Why do you then pretend you have an argument?  

Only the legislative branch can make law.  They were elected and therefore they are representative.  The FCC is not.  Nor is the IRS or the EPA.  

Good or bad or who's idea it was IS RELEVANT!  

IF it's my idea and I'm sitting on my couch drunk, it should not become law.

IF I'm sitting in a room with other people, paid for and never elected.  If we were appointed by the elected but never elected then all we can do is suggest or write stuff up to present to the elected representatives.  WE CAN'T PASS LAW!  WE'RE a bunch of people on the government dole thinking up stupid stuff to validate our existence BUT WE WERE NEVER ELECTED AND THEREFORE WE CANNOT PASS LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

Plusewise we're not in the legislative branch.

So get all pissy if you want.  It does matter.  It is the rule of law.  We have a Constitution.  We have equal branches.  We have history and a roadmap.

Some guy said he wanted to fundamentally change America.   That's why it matters.   There are rules and laws we agree to and protect ourselves with.

The alternative is….2015.  Even if you wanted to change your mind…there ain't a damned thing you can do about it now.   You're stuck here with the rest of us.  The only alternative now is to accept it or beat it back.  

I'm beating it back.  Won't accept law from an unelected unrepresentative committees  of imbedded bureaucratic parasites going on vacation to paradises worldwide spending my money to party their fantasies.

IT MATTERS!  EVERYTHING MATTERS!   Every thought and every dime and every move.  Every heart.  Every soul.  It matters.  Life matters.  

I won't allow mine to be controlled by the FCC or the government.

Net neutrality sux.                                                                         

3/23/2015 8:28 PM
Dumbass.

The Communications Act of 1934 is a federal law, passed by Congress and signed into law by FDR, which created the FCC and gave it the authority to do this.

Jesus.  Took me all of two minutes of research to figure that out.

Double dumbass.
3/23/2015 9:29 PM
Arguing with dougout causes brain damage. Even NFL team doctors don't recommend it.
3/23/2015 10:00 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/23/2015 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Dumbass.

The Communications Act of 1934 is a federal law, passed by Congress and signed into law by FDR, which created the FCC and gave it the authority to do this.

Double dumbass.
WOW!

I didn't know FDR was interested in the internet.  I didn't know we had it in 1934.  I didn't know you could write law on technology that didn't exist.

I'm pretty sure you can't.  I imagine it gave them some authority over telephone and telegraph and radio.  

Next time, spend more than 2 minutes before you open your yap.
3/27/2015 3:09 PM

Does the FCC Have the Power to Regulate the Internet?

Following his party’s devastating losses last November, President Barack Obama made clear that where his party could no longer legislate, it will regulate. Just a month later, America saw his words become action when the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted to issue new rules regulating the Internet, even though courts and Congress have stood in opposition to its actions. Tomorrow, the House of Representatives is poised to voice its opposition to the FCC’s unmitigated power grab and will vote on a resolution to block the FCC’s rules, sending a powerful message that enough regulation is enough, and the FCC should keep its hands off the Internet.

The policy the FCC is trying to enact is known as “net neutrality,” an unfortunately vague code word for government regulation of the Internet. Supporters of net neutrality will tell you the regulation is necessary to keep the Internet “free and open” and to prevent corporations from “throttling” network speeds, making it faster to download some things, slower to download others. And, in this doomsday, apocalyptic, dystopian future, only the FCC can save the day with more and more government regulations.

FCC, stay home, the reality is much different. FCC commissioner Robert McDowell, who opposes the net neutrality policy, explains that the policy isn’t needed, and regulation by the FCC can lead to even greater problems, such as rival Internet providers attacking each other in hopes of getting them regulated:

Everybody wants an open Internet that enhances freedom, but that’s what we have today. We already have enough consumer protection laws on the books to cure many of the hypothesized fears (that some see). The goal should be to make the market more competitive.

All we are going to do with this FCC decision is clog up the courts and increase billable hours for lawyers; litigation will supplant innovation.

So how does that affect consumers? The Heritage Foundation’s James Gattuso explains:

The net result [of net neutrality]— a slower and more congested Internet, and more frustration for users. Even worse, investment in expanding the Internet will be chilled, as FCC control of network management makes investment less inviting. The amounts at stake aren’t trivial, with tens of billions invested each year in Internet expansion.

Case in point: MetroPCS, a wireless company that offers low-cost, prepaid cellular plans for consumers who don’t want a long-term contract. The company offers a $40 per month plan for customers on its slower 2G wireless network and, to sweeten the deal, provides compressed versions of YouTube videos to its customers who otherwise couldn’t receive streamed videos with their service. Thanks to the FCC’s rules, MetroPCS is now facing a complaint for violating net neutrality. Its crime? Devising a low-cost way to provide fast, efficient wireless services to its customers. So much for innovation in the marketplace.

The need for regulation of the Internet aside, the FCC doesn’t even have the legal authority to enact these regulations. Like any federal agency, the FCC can only issue regulations if Congress delegates it the power to do so. Though the FCC has the power to regulate telecommunications, it hasn’t been granted the power to regulate the Internet. Last year, the U.S. Court of Appeals ruled that the FCC’s attempt to regulate the Internet was outside the scope of its authority. That didn’t stop the FCC, though. It went ahead and issued new regulations anyhow.

That regulatory overreach is unfortunately all too common in the Obama administration. From the FTC to the FCC, the EPA to HHS, an alphabet soup of agencies are issuing a spiderweb of regulations touching all corners of American life. The food we eat, the cars we drive, and now the Internet we surf are all subject to regulations by unelected bureaucrats.

The Internet is one of the Obama administrative state’s next targets. Congress, thankfully, has taken note – this time. But Americans must take note, too, and heed their president’s promise. What he can’t do by law, he will do by regulation. And once enacted under the cover of night, such regulations are not easy to untangle.

3/27/2015 3:11 PM
Posted by DougOut on 3/27/2015 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 3/23/2015 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Dumbass.

Double dumbass.
WOW!

I didn't know FDR was interested in the internet.  I didn't know we had it in 1934.  I didn't know you could write law on technology that didn't exist.

I'm pretty sure you can't.  I imagine it gave them some authority over telephone and telegraph and radio.  

Next time, spend more than 2 minutes before you open your yap.
The Telecommunications Act of 1996 amended the Communications Act of 1934, and included the internet.

Take off your tinfoil hat and try to get a grasp on what you're talking about before posting.

3/27/2015 3:22 PM
HA!  

It's 1934!  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's 1996!  The 1934 law gave them the authority to do….errrrrr…..I mean the Communications act of 1934…….errrrr…….I mean the Telecommunications act of 1996 amended the tin foil on my….errrr…..I mean!!!!!……..errrrrr…………………….

WTF!   You in a time machine?  You dumping' on FDR now?  Crappin' on the 1934's?  Throwin' garbage into the DeLoren?  We goin back to the future?

Pick a decade.  Pick a law.  Pick you nose.  Scratch yer *** and smell the finger.

PAY ATTENTION NOW!  THIS IS IMPORTANT!  HELLO!  YOU STILL THERE?  I NEED YOU TO PAY ATTENTION!  Jus fer a little.

3/27/2015 6:27 PM (edited)
Posted by DougOut on 3/22/2015 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 3/21/2015 7:48:00 PM (view original):
net neutrality sux
U mad, bro?
No.  I'm sad.  I pity the people.  They seem to be ignorant of everything needed to sustain their freedom.  Pop culture and entitlement has overtaken common sense. 

Civilization and advancement have taken a left hook to the brain and we are blacking out.  Welcome to the new dark age.  The breakdown of law and order. Torture chambers. Genocide. Propaganda. Slavery. Rape. Murder. And as stated above, the advancement of ignorance.  Ignorance over truth. Ignorance over justice.  Ignorance over survival. Pumping more resource that hasn't existed for too long into a bucket  with a hole in the bottom the new elite will never allow you to fix. 

And as ignorance is not stupidity, the acceptance of it is.  We're fat happy stupid and lazy.  Otherwise there would be no net neutrality.  And that's what makes me sad.

Where did it come from?  Who voted on it?  Is it a democrap thing or a republitard thing?  What chamber did it come out of?  Was it the House?  The Senate?  HELLO!

Where the HELL did it come from and WHY do I have to accept it?  

WHO MADE THIS IGNORANT LAW WITHOUT MY VOTE?

OH I KNOW!  Some committee.  Something called the F something something.  A committee. INITIALS!  Never elected.  Approved by the powers that be.  Bureaucracy to the point of ignorance and stupidity and death and hell.  No humanity.  Imbedded deep within a beuracracy and untouchable by the great unwashed.

So I'm sad.

It's not legislation.

It's a dictate.

It's brutal and unfair and it's illegal and I refuse to accept it. 

3/27/2015 6:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...327|328|329|330|331...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.