Roster expansion question Topic

We can expand rosters in Capra.

I wouldn't mind adding a AAA OF to my MLB roster.  He's a decent bat and glove.  Could fill in for my LF for a game or two or three to keep him at 100%.......and since I'm leading the WC race with 24 games to go he could provide some help.  

I'm not sure I'll have him on my ML playoff roster but I know for sure that if I don't keep him up, I would like him on my AAA playoff roster.

Can I move him up for 15-20 games....and then send him back to AAA and have him play in the playoffs there, after the AAA playoffs start?  Or do I have to move him back down before the AAA playoffs?

moe
4/12/2012 5:08 PM
If you demote him before the end of the ML regular season, you risk a demotion penalty.
4/12/2012 9:40 PM
Im pretty sure the best time is before spring training, although a demotion penalty can strike at any time.
4/12/2012 9:47 PM
After the BL season is over is fine for demoting call-ups.  
4/12/2012 10:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/12/2012 10:17:00 PM (view original):
After the BL season is over is fine for demoting call-ups.  
So, to be clear:

By call-up, do you mean only players called up for expanded rosters?  Or should this apply to any player with options available?

I've got a small sample size, but so far I've seen no players suffer a demotion penalty when demoted after the regular season (including players who had spent the whole season on the big league roster), but I've seen a couple demotion penalties after rollover.  From the limited sample, I'm inclined to think players take it better when the regular season has ended, rather than at the start of the following season/before spring training.  I was a bit surprised to read conventional wisdom on the board had it the other way round...

Happy to hear back from MIke and others.
11/21/2012 4:50 PM
Roster expansion.   Any player called up before that is susceptible to a demotion hit.    If they still have an option AFTER rollover, you can demote before ST with no demotion hit.  
11/21/2012 6:55 PM
Roster expansion question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.